How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers?

Discus and support How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Both of my controllers have stopped working after a few years of use. I play Xbox pretty frequently (2-3 hours a day) and was curious as to if you... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Audio1000, Jun 17, 2023.

1. /u/Audio1000
    /u/Audio1000 Guest

Both of my controllers have stopped working after a few years of use. I play Xbox pretty frequently (2-3 hours a day) and was curious as to if you believe an elite controller is worth the investment. Do they tend to last longer then regular controllers? How has y’all’s experience been with them?

submitted by /u/Audio1000
    [link] [comments]

/u/Audio1000, Jun 17, 2023
  2. grfootball80 Win User

Xbox One Controller Volcano Shadow

Consider the elite controller. It's much more expensive but much more durable. I broke so many regular controllers and finally gave in and it's worth the money. Never going back to the regular controllers.
  3. grfootball80 Win User

Pro Controllers

I recently made the jump from the regular controllers to the elite. I bought the elite controller for 2 reasons.

1) the paddles come in handy when playing games like rocket league and apex. They really give you an advantage over a regular controller. Certain maneuvers will now be achievable and your overall gameplay will be sped up. The hair trigger locks are also
    a plus for multiplayer shooters. The paddles can be removed so you can slowly work your way to using all 4. I currently only use 2.

2) I have broken way too many regular controllers. I have a bad habit of just squeezing my controllers too hard and breaking thumbsticks or bumpers. The elite controller is much more durable.

The way I see it, the price is about 3x as much as a regular controller. I believe I will get more than 3x the worth out of the elite compared to the regular one.

The big negative about the elite is once you start using it, it's hard to switch back to the reg.
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

Elite Controller Thumbsticks Not Very 'Snappy'

When I first got my Elite controller, I thought the sticks did feel loose compared to the standard controller (It still snapped back to the middle on mine though), but after comparing to my other (regular) Xbox One controllers,
    the difference is negligible, if any at all. The sticks on the Xbox 360 controllers are far more stiffer than the Xbox One (and the Elite) controller, though.
  5. Goatsnatcher Win User

Left analog stick now drifts.

I'm surprised by the durability of the X1 controller compared to the 360 controller. My X1 controller has lasted twice as long as a 360 controller lasted me..... Very impressed.
  6. KarthikS5 Win User

Xbox fusion pro controller

Based on reviews in youtube elite controller has durability issues. Is that true?
Thema:

1. How durable are the elite controllers compared to regular controllers? - Similar Threads - durable are elite

2. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  4. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Warranty Return: I have now created a total of 4 return requests with no shipping label being generated each time. Spoken to numerous customer service representatives who have advised to cancel and start a new...
  6. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  7. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  8. I want to make my pickaxe's durability get damaged when I right click cobblestone....

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to make my pickaxe's durability get damaged when I right click cobblestone....: Here is my code: import { world, system } from '@minecraft/server'; world.beforeEvents.playerInteractWithBlock.subscribe(event => { if (event.itemStack) { if (event.block.typeId ===...
  9. Durability of consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Durability of consoles: I can’t understand how all the Xbox consoles seems to all fail or die. I have several, PlayStations 2 PlayStations 3 from 10-15+ years and they are all still working perfectly as are the newer...
  10. FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability

in XboX Insiders
    FEEDBACK: Considerations for next gen of controllers durability: The durability of series X controllers is Bad; i have already bought 3 controllers and they are all presenting the same problem: Sensors. The sticks' sensors start to always read either an up or...