How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

Discus and support How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Veronica A E, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Veronica A E
    Veronica A E Guest

How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play?

:)

Veronica A E, Feb 1, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Veronica, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You can use the Xbox Family Safety app to configure your child privacy settings to prevent online interactions.

And if this happens, you should report the account of said person.

You can find a very detailed guide here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/file-a-complaint

Please, follow these steps:

Open the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device, and then go to Settings.

Select Content restrictions, and then under Apply age filters change the age limit that you want to apply to the member’s games, apps, and other content.

Any content that has a higher rating than the selected restriction needs an organizer’s approval.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/famil...-child-content-in-the-Xbox-Family-Setting-app

To download the Family App: https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app

I hope this helps.
  3. MichaelRCW Win User

XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?

Thank you for replying

"You cannot prevent a child from creating an adult account, nor can you prevent them from requesting an Xbox call.
    They can say they bought a used console and they don't know the password and an agent will walk you through how to remove the password through the devices page and to do this you need an adult account."

"to do this you need an adult account."

So just to be sure i have understood you correctly, my child could use this method to remove the password / unlock the XBox ?
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Cant chat

Is your account an adult or a child account? Could be privacy settings that are preventing you from in game chat.
  5. SammyVS Win User

XBOX - parental controls password. (As a parent) How to lock with no chance of breaking?

I can't say that these answers could be wrong as they are 2013 answers. Maybe back then it worked like that.

You cannot prevent a child from creating an adult account, nor can you prevent them from requesting an Xbox call.

They can say they bought a used console and they don't know the password and an agent will walk you through how to remove the password through the devices page and to do this you need an adult account.
  6. crabby0patty Win User

無法變更xbox隱私權與線上安全設定 [Translation - Unable to change Xbox privacy and online security settings]

If I am the only member of my family, does that make me an adult?

If not, how do I make myself an adult?

The system seems to take me as a child, since I can't change my Xbox settings.
Thema:

1. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child? - Similar Threads - does XboxS prevent

2. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  5. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  6. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  7. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  8. No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?

in XBoX on Windows
    No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?: please help someone, there is no appeal button, no option anywhere. no contact email or phone number. I have been suspended for 48 hours for posting this in LFG "FLASH SALE, Maps 25©aps each,...
  9. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  10. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...