How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system

Discus and support How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maga Ivan, May 14, 2024.

1. Maga Ivan
    Maga Ivan Guest

I know that xbox its just a modifided windows pc but how is not letting you out of the modifided komi app or something because i tried and I can exit it but why I can’t on Xbox

:)

Maga Ivan, May 14, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

It's not really Windows though

It's uses Windows core but not actual Windows libraries

And no you can't run Windows apps because the libraries arent the same

I think you are mistaking how console oses runs vs windows

Windows compiles the whole os even stuff you don't need

Xbox os runs what you need as you run it
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

while Xbox shares many technologies with PC, it is not a PC, and PC software would never run on it.

There is no exit to windows, because there is no windows, this is not a front end like Windows 3.1 over DOS

https://youtu.be/mmuAmXRk9lA?si=5tPOZ4JfQk7-LajK
  4. Cerebral Paul Win User

Random GamerTag change

Have you contacted support to see if they have any info on what triggered the change?

"in some games it shows LT Rive. In others it doesn’t" how does it show on your dashboard on the console?
  5. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One: Intuitive

I agree the Xbox 1 Dashboard is not intuitive. Xbox 360 is, especially for kids and young peps. They should have a Dashboard tutorial link which shows you how to do everything, on the Xbox 1 Dashboard, from check messages, friends, using parties. I read
    What is a Party on the Xbox 1 Dashboard. OMG the Dashboard came up with a result page and when I was reading through it, I felt like a was in a conversation with a 40 year old. Instead of simply say, "A Party is where a group of up to 8 people can be in a
    chat party regardless of what games and apps you are playing". This sums up what Xbox Live Party does on Xbox 360. Just to let you know, Voice Commands are not 100% accurate, but there's ONE voice command my Xbox 1 ALWAYS gets right - "Xbox, Home". It does
    look like they put a PC operating system on an Xbox console. It is Windows 8 styled.
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Save game missing after microsoft update

Have you checked the save files (located under 'Memory' in the 'System Settings' panel of the Xbox dashboard), to see if they show as 'Corrupted?' If so, the files will have to be deleted, unfortunately.

Be sure to try those other games, and let us know how it goes!
Thema:

1. How does Xbox dashboard doesn’t let you show that it actually a windows system - Similar Threads - does dashboard doesn’t

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  5. Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Monitor go black on 120Hz when I press the B button to come out of the dashboard?: Whenever I’m on a game such as Warzone and press the middle button, when I then come out of the Xbox menu, it goes black for about 3-4 seconds. It’s seriously annoying and I feel like I’ve tried...
  6. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d
  7. Does the Delta Update Preview have the new dashboard update yet?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the Delta Update Preview have the new dashboard update yet?: I just got the Delta update preview on the Xbox Insider app and I updated but I don't seem to have the new dashboard yet. Can anyone confirm whether the new dashboard is on the Delta preview?...
  8. Does the delta version on xbox update have the new dashboard ?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the delta version on xbox update have the new dashboard ?: I've recently updatef my xbox to delta release, but I still have the old dashboard, is this normal ? submitted by /u/PuzzleheadedSkirt835 [link] [comments]
  9. Why does the May 2023 dashboard update limit me to pinning TWO groups to the home page?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the May 2023 dashboard update limit me to pinning TWO groups to the home page?: I have had several groups on the home page for as long as we've had groups. Just got the update, and it appears to limit me to no more than two groups. This is bad. Nay, it is evil. You put up a...
  10. Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox 360 dashboard display half of itself in the wrong language: When I boot up my Xbox half of the dashboard is English and the other stuff is another language, does anyone have a fix for this? ff1d5b43-19b6-4c49-822c-9d43922c3eca