How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

Discus and support How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tmbly, Apr 1, 2024.

1. tmbly
    tmbly Guest

I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more than 25 digits. How can they redeem card?

:)

tmbly, Apr 1, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

How to get Minecraft with Microsoft reward

If you have enough Microsoft reward points, then you need to redeem the reward points for Xbox/Microsoft Gift Cards on the redeem page of Microsoft rewards. Then once the gift card codes have been emailed to you, then you can redeem those gift card codes on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem Once you have enough money from the Xbox Gift Cards, you can then purchase Minecraft from the Microsoft Store or Xbox Store (depending on which version you want).
  3. Smwutches Win User

Rewards Points to change Gamertag?

For help with the Microsoft Rewards program, you would need to contact their customer support via their redemption page. Rewards points can only be used to redeem gift cards through the Rewards program, not to be used to make purchases on Live. You would
    need to save up enough to redeem an Xbox gift card and then use the money from that gift card.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

acquista un joepad solo con punti rewards si può fare?[Translation-buy a joepad only with rewards points can it be done?]

Hello Sax1973,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have a question on redeeming rewards. This is possible if you redeem for the correct currency. There are two types: Xbox gift card and Microsoft Gift cards. You would need to redeem the points for the Microsoft
    gift card then use that to purchase the controller.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Tmbly. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Important: Please refrain from sharing personal information, including email addresses, phone numbers, etc.

As community users, we are not able to enter or check your account information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet.

That being said, I take this opportunity to let you know that when a gift card is redeemed through the rewards program, you will not receive a redeemable code. Instead, your Microsoft account balance will be credited with the amount you redeemed.

In case you want to double-check if the balance was credited, please visit the following link with your account:
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments

Furthermore, please be aware that the balance can't be transferred to another account, and the one received through Microsoft Rewards expires in 90 days. However, if your friend lives in the same country and if the option is available, you can try gifting the content they want by either looking for the gift option on Xbox.com, or on your console.

I know this is not the answer you were expecting, but your kindness and understanding are appreciated.

Regards,

Arturo.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag changed and years of work

With Microsoft Rewards points, once you earn enough points you can redeem an Xbox gift card to add funds to your account and then use those funds to purchase a gamertag change. The support person you spoke to was misinformed on how many points it takes.
    Prior to the currency system Microsoft used points as currency and at that time it cost 800 Microsoft points to change a tag. Microsoft points are not the same as Microsoft Rewards points though so you would need enough points to redeem a $10 gift card as
    well as a little extra to cover tax.
Thema:

1. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points? - Similar Threads - does friend redeem

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. BG3 Can’t continue an existing Private multiplayer game with friend. Does anyone know if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BG3 Can’t continue an existing Private multiplayer game with friend. Does anyone know if...: BG3 just launched on Xbox. Started a fresh new game with a friend. On PC / Steam we did not need to access the landing page Multiplayer menu which seemed like a match making or select a server...
  4. Cousins Xbox Profile does not load Friends list.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cousins Xbox Profile does not load Friends list.: My Cousins Xbox Profile suddenly stopped loading (Synchronising) his friends list. Remedial Steps tried: Remove and redownload Profile. Full wipe and redownload Profile and Games. Without...
  5. Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...: Every match that we start lets me pick my operator for round 1 and then kicks me out of the game. I then have to start up the game and reconnect to the game is was just in and then i can play the...
  6. Why does my friends or my Xbox say "this game can not be cross play" when we srs both on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my friends or my Xbox say "this game can not be cross play" when we srs both on Xbox?: My Xbox as well as my friends is not letting us play games together. It keeps on saying this game is not cross platform but we are both on Xbox and we have tried to change our settings and we have...
  7. Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see...: Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see him. He has an Xbox one and I have an Xbox series X. What could be the problem?...
  8. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  9. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  10. Why does my game crash when I'm playing with this one friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game crash when I'm playing with this one friend: Basically I'm sharing game pass with 2 people and we enjoy playing game on it but recently whenever i play with the owner of it our games always crash we load game up play a couple rounds then...