How do you turn off XB1 wireless controller for PC?

Discus and support How do you turn off XB1 wireless controller for PC? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So, I figure I'll make the post here as I just got the controller + adapter in the mail and gave it a test spin but can't for the life of me figure out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by elquietone, Oct 31, 2015.

1. elquietone
    elquietone Guest

So, I figure I'll make the post here as I just got the controller + adapter in the mail and gave it a test spin but can't for the life of me figure out how to actually turn the controller off. It's not like on XB1/360 where holding down the guide button
    actually brings up an option to turn off the controller, the only thing it brings up is a menu which technically gives control over the XB app in broken form. If I pull out the wireless adapter, the controller just goes into search mode and flashes on and
    off. Now I know removing the cover and taking out the batteries is a "method" of turning off the controller but that's not what I'm asking. There's also allowing it to idle for 15mins and it should shut off as well, but I don't want to sit there wasting
    15 minutes of battery power while I wait for it to idle off. So how do we manually turn of off using XB1 functions?

I visited the support page and there's help for how to turn it on, how to sync with PC and so on but nothing on how to actually turn it off, which most people probably never care about until they get to the "I'm done for today" stage. Currently the XB PC app
    seems to have magically broken after using the controller to access that quick menu by holding guide, so I can't get into it to see if somewhere in there is an option to turn it off, but when I was in I saw nothing..

So if anyone has some info feel free to reply, mods pass this on the MS, we need an update to make the controller act like it does on XB1 as in a function to turn it off.

:)

elquietone, Oct 31, 2015
  2. keyboard for messaging

[quote user="LOS Reaper"]

Turn your console off completely (not on standby), plug in a USB keyboard, and turn on your console. It should work then. Wireless keyboard should work also.

[/quote]

^^Verified... this is how I got my wireless KB to work on my XB1.

A Blue Illusion, Oct 31, 2015
  3. JohnKroesche
    JohnKroesche Guest
    Xbox one power up issues with instant on?

I am having a similar issue, although I do not have kinect.

My console and controllers (same problem with both controllers) were working fine even after the update as far as powering on and off everything meaning controllers and console....but since I updated my controllers with the controller firmware update the
    console needs to be turned on manually or with my harmony remote...the controller then needs to be turned on and everything works--when powering down- the console will power down but the controller will not turn off when the console is powered down and off.
    I have to manually turn off the controller when the console is off by holding the controller button for about 5 seconds....it all works- but it would be nice if when the console powered down the controller turned off as well. I am going to use that techs
    suggestion you mentioned and put the xb1 in power saving mode (if I can figure out how to do this) and see if that works-

I am brand new to XB1 (a couple of months) and I have to say it really is a great console- just hope I can get the controller /console sync powering issue fixed!

JohnKroesche, Oct 31, 2015
  4. elquietone
    elquietone Guest

Never Mind, issue solved, it appears to require between 5-7seconds of holding down the button vs the 1-3 the consoles need.. That little pop-up menu that happens it a little bit off putting and makes you think that's all that's going to happen.

elquietone, Oct 31, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: