How do you turn off the overheat function?

Discus and support How do you turn off the overheat function? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBOX one keeps overheating and it shuts off automatically, it’s annoying and I wanna turn off this feature, if anybody knows how to it’d be a help,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by roblox_boosa, May 12, 2023.

1. roblox_boosa
    roblox_boosa Guest

My XBOX one keeps overheating and it shuts off automatically, it’s annoying and I wanna turn off this feature, if anybody knows how to it’d be a help, thanks!
    How do you turn off the overheat function? [​IMG]

:)

roblox_boosa, May 12, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Following on from the previous replies, if your console is old and out of warranty and it's in a well-ventilated area and seems to be free of dust, sometimes cleaning it (internally) and replacing the thermal paste will fix that issue, but it should only be done if you know exactly what you're doing.

For example, I had an Xbox One X that wasn't overheating, but the fan was ramping up really loud at times. I cracked it open and found that the thermal paste was all dry and hard, so I cleaned it off and replaced it with some fresh, good quality paste, and the fan never ramped up loud again.

But yeah, only consider the above if the other advice doesn't work, if the console is out of warranty, and if you (or someone you know who can do it for you) know what you're doing.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

You can't turn off overheat function. Its designed to protect the device.

If the console is in a well-ventilated area and the ventilation holes are not blocked, there may be a hardware issue that needs to be repaired.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help. If I may ask, may I know which type of Xbox console do you have, is it an original Xbox One, Xbox One S/X, or an Xbox series X/S console?

This notification shows up to protect your console from overheating as this may lead to severe damage to your console if the overheating keeps up.

In order to prevent this notification to show up and to avoid the console of shutting down automatically, kindly perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Things to keep in mind:

Place the console on a stable surface.

Do not place the console on speakers or subwoofers.

Place the console in a well-ventilated, relatively cool place and away from direct heat sources.

Make sure the space around the console is uncluttered. Do not put other objects on, under, or right next to the console. For example, don’t put an object on the top right of your console. This might block its vents and make it overheat.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. thrasher585 Win User

How to check if Xbox 360 S is working properly?

How do you know if it overheats? Will the Xbox shut off?

Thanks for your responses.
  6. hobblejp Win User

Kinect & MS Privacy Policy

[quote user="SatNiteEduardo"]

Kinect is not functional when it is off. You can turn it off to the point that it can neither hear nor see you. What part do you not understand about "IT CAN BE TURNED TOTALLY OFF"

[/quote]

And yet people are saying it will respond to commands like Xbox Off................. if Kinect is turned off and therefore nothing is functioning on it, how may I ask is it functioning to respond to certain commands still. To me if its still working its
    not off at all.
Thema:

1. How do you turn off the overheat function? - Similar Threads - turn off overheat

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  8. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  9. On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?

in XBoX Accessibility
    On screen keyboard drift / can I turn off predictive text on screen keyboard?: I have an issue when I’m using the on screen keyboard with Xbox series x. When the on screen keyboard is open, after typing the first character, the cursor automatically goes to the first word on...
  10. Certain games cause my Xbox to overheat and turn off after barely playing them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain games cause my Xbox to overheat and turn off after barely playing them: When i play these games: modern warfare and fortnite. My xbox just overheats and turn off automatically after about a minute of playing (moden warfare turn off after about half a minute). I have...