How do you share media with limited friends?

Discus and support How do you share media with limited friends? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it no longer possible to share screenshots and video clips on Xbox live with specific people? I used to be able to (in the last couple months), but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nauta05, Apr 20, 2017.

1. nauta05
    nauta05 Guest

Is it no longer possible to share screenshots and video clips on Xbox live with specific people? I used to be able to (in the last couple months), but now I can no longer find the option. The share button seems to only allow posting to your activity feed
    (which I don't want to do, and don't make visible to others)

I have an Xbox One S.

:)

nauta05, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    carn`t connect xbox as expander

Do you have a Media Center PC? If not, you may just want to consider streaming content to your Xbox instead of using the Media Center Extender function. To share media with your Xbox, check out this link:

support.xbox.com/.../media.aspx

Miss Portia, Apr 20, 2017
  3. nickbarry
    nickbarry Guest
    Help

I think they have a limited on how many people you can share you gold with if that's what you mean.

nickbarry, Apr 20, 2017
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Streaming Music Windows 8 To Xbox Not Working

5. Krazy2768 Win User

Trying to set up the XBox as an extender on Windows Media Centre but the computer can see the XBox but the XBox can't see the computer.

The reason why this is not working is because you do not have your media sharing on.

simple step to do this is to try to connect to the media center

while that is trying open up your windows media player

click your library in there is a media sharing option click that

and you should see your xbox in there all you have to do is allow the settings for your xbox to share media from your computer and should get you going to what your looking for
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Family Share info needed

[quote user="Skweezle II"]If I want to share it with friends that's my choice when, where and how.[/quote]It's not. There are performance licensing limits on music. That it's not enforced doesn't mean those limits do not exist.
    Why should a game be
    different?
    They aren't, they've just never been enforced on consoles before.
  7. Corax_Was_Taken Win User

My friends can't see any of my screenshots/game clips.

It isnt just friends and yes the clips and screenshots are uploaded to Xbox live

OneDrive and Twitter, i don't see how they matter but yes, media does share on them and yes i can send normal text messages on Xbox, also the media can been seen on desktop.
  8. espr3ss001 Win User

Copy files from Mac to Xbox One external HDD ?

How do i setup file sharing so I can copy media across a network to the external hdd ?
Thema:

1. How do you share media with limited friends? - Similar Threads - share media limited

2. Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game sharing with multiple people at once: This is pretty basic as the question suggests. I want to share everything my xbox holds with both my brother and uncle. Is there a way to do this, even if it costs money? Do date, I am only...
  3. Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate: I bought the £1 14 days thing but the other account doesn’t allow them to play without downloading the game. c60880d3-995e-436c-aee4-92adf3170f99
  4. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  5. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  6. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  7. Can't share any media to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Can't share any media to Xbox Live: I apologise in advance for any bad formatting, I'm posting this via my phone. I'm playing on an Xbox One S. I've been taking screenshots and recording game clips of my new games recently. When...
  8. As of this afternoon i cannot view any media or share any media on XSX.

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of this afternoon i cannot view any media or share any media on XSX.: Basically the title, i had the same problem on my X1X years ago and it turned out that a setting changed itself so i couldn't share clips. ALL of these settings are allowing for viewing and...
  9. Share stuff from my activity feed or posts my friends have posted to social media

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share stuff from my activity feed or posts my friends have posted to social media: One thing that sucks is I can't share stuff from my activity feed to social media. It would be awesome if a future update added the ability to share things from my activity feed or stuff my...
  10. Xbox one not turning off when playing movies from Media app / DLNA / network share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not turning off when playing movies from Media app / DLNA / network share: Hi ! I set the One to turn off after 1 hour, but this dont work when playing movies via Media app (aka DLNA / network share from Universal Media Server). When a movie is ended, it start...