How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...

Discus and support How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have acquired the ultimate game pass - it works on my parents account but it doesnt work on mine. I have tried to change it from Home xbox to not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElectricACE, Jan 8, 2024.

1. ElectricACE
    ElectricACE Guest

How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't...

We have acquired the ultimate game pass - it works on my parents account but it doesnt work on mine.

I have tried to change it from Home xbox to not my home xbox and then change it back to my home xbox but that doesn't work.

Any of your ideas will be greatfull.

:)

ElectricACE, Jan 8, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't work?

Now if you are talking about cloud play or ea play or Ubisoft plus titles game share doesn't apply to those

Those are subscriber perks only

With ea play and ubisoft only the registered axcount gets those services
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't work?

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox subscription sharing.

In order to share your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate benefits to your household console, you will need to sign in the account where the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is active on the console where your family plays. Then set the account as home Xbox:

Press the Xbox menu button > go to settings > personalization > my home Xbox > make this my home Xbox.

You can sign out of the account after. By doing so, all the accounts that will be using that console will be able to access the benefits from the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate such as install/play games from Xbox Game Pass library and will be able to play games online.

Also, please do not remove your account from home Xbox as part of troubleshooting steps since it is very limited. You only have 5 times(switches) to set your account as home Xbox. Once you have used up all the switches, you will have to wait for the next duration to replenish your 1 Xbox home switch.

Note: The game/subscription sharing will only work on the console where you have activated your account as home Xbox.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Chris7999 Win User

Microsoft Family Gamepass Ultimate sharing

Adding someone to the "family" doesn't give them access to anything. The only way to share GPU is to have the account with the subscription sign in to whichever console you wish to share to.
    But my brothers account is in the Microsoft family and that's how he gets Gamepass Ultimate. We don't use the home Xbox function to share Gamepass with each other.
  5. Jhonkito Win User

3 Xbox Consoles - 1 Family and they can't be played at the same time

Hi again.

I asked you if your daughters are playing through a single gamepass subscription because microsoft ended gamepass sharing for more than one console or xbox user to play at the same time with a single subscription.

"On August 15, 2023, the Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family preview program will end as we review what we’ve learned over the past several months and investigate how to build an offer which we can launch worldwide."

That was the words from the xbox team about sharing game pass with friends and family to see more information about xbox game pass sharing with friends and family you can check it by the next link.

https://support.xbox.com/help/subsc...bscriptions/xbox-game-pass-friends-family-faq
  6. Aye THE BEAST Win User

what are your thoughts/first impressions of the XBOX ONE

Isn't this a paradox? what MS is trying to sell and what we are buying ( or not).. They are selling an all in one entertainment hub to be the focal point of your entertainment in your living room den, whatever. To me this means they are getting the
    gaming console out of the kids bedrooms and into a family room. This also means that as the center of entertainment for the whole family the unit should be easily assessable for the whole family to use. Does this mean the kinect imprints on all members of
    the family so it will recognize there voice commands and show there preferences etc.

From what I saw on the reveal the box recognized the voice of the person who had the live sub and showed his preference and last game etc. In effect we still have a single user device that's not like a tv or stereo system that everyone has access to. Do
    any of the features work with out a subscription? Will everyone in the family have to have a subscription to use? One subscription per box 10 accounts? Or does everyone have to share a subscription? Just doesn't seem to meet the criteria of a family entertainment
    center,
Thema:

1. How do you share a gamepass subscription with the family but what everyone has said doesn't... - Similar Threads - share gamepass subscription

2. Can you join a shared world on Minecraft if you share a Gamepass ultimate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you join a shared world on Minecraft if you share a Gamepass ultimate?: Hi there My sons both have their own Xbox and share a Gamepass Ultimate. Now one son wants to join a world in Minecraft. He is unable to join is always suggests he needs to get Gamepass. He is...
  3. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  4. Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I’m trying to share Gamepass Ultimate: I bought the £1 14 days thing but the other account doesn’t allow them to play without downloading the game. c60880d3-995e-436c-aee4-92adf3170f99
  5. Xbox gamepass sharing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamepass sharing: My dad has gamepass on his xbox my first xbox account is on there and I just logged into that account on my xbox and I was trying to download some xbox game pass games but it kept telling me I...
  6. Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game: Hi! We have two XBox Xs, one Xbox One. One GamePass account that we share for myself, son, and daughter. I am aware that if we want to play three players, one on each console, that a purchase...
  7. Looking for direction on how to share my gamepass with the 2 new xboxs' I bought for my...

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for direction on how to share my gamepass with the 2 new xboxs' I bought for my...: I bought both of my kids an XBox. Can I share my gamepass with both of them? If so, can someone point me in the right direction as to how? submitted by /u/Guy_On_Not_A_Buffalo [link] [comments]
  8. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  9. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  10. Sharing GamePass subscription between XBox S and XBox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing GamePass subscription between XBox S and XBox One: I have until recently being using two XBox One’s at home for each of my children. They share an XBox GamePass account, so they can both play games on each separate Xbox One whilst signed into...