How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home...

Discus and support How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home screen set up with two groups and now it has all this stuff I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chizjeff, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Chizjeff
    Chizjeff Guest

How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home...

How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home screen set up with two groups and now it has all this stuff I don’t want on it

:)

Chizjeff, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home screen set up with two groups and now it has all this stuff I don’t want on it

Hi Chizjeff!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Geoff McFarland Win User

This no longer works. The question was how do you change since the update. Home screens are now full of junk tiles you can't seem to remove.
  4. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Chizjeff!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

To remove added groups on your Xbox home screen, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to your home screen by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.

2. Highlight the group you want to remove.

3. Press the Menu button on your controller (the button with three lines).

4. Select "Remove group" from the menu that appears.

5. Confirm that you want to remove the group by selecting "Yes" when prompted.

If you want to customize your home screen further, you can also add or remove pins, move and resize content blocks, and more. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  5. Hadley T Win User

Yeah, it's beyond disappointing that they've still made no moves to address this issue.
    (And now they've started locking all these community pages chats, where people are asking them to actually fix it. Really not cool.)

Like, no one benefits from this Home Screen change.
    Not Microsoft. Not Xbox Gamers.
    We're now just not going to bother scrolling down through all that rubbish on the Home Screen at all, so that whole lower area of the Xbox Home Screen has become just a waste of space.
    So, what was even the point?

Previously, we could scroll through 15-20 of our custom-curated Groups in that lower part of the Xbox Home Screen, so what was actually useful space has been taken away from us.
    It's wasted space that we would very much like to be able to make use of.
    And it makes it painfully apparent how much worse it is to have to dig through menus and sub-menus to engage with your games, when you're used to just being able to scroll through them right there on the Home Screen, with the full screen-width to array them across, and with them organised into Groups that suit your needs/preferences.
    We had an elegant way to engage with our game libraries, and it's been taken away from us, in exchange for zero benefit.

It's especially an imposition for long-term, loyal Xbox fans, who have amassed large digital game libraries.
    What the heck is the benefit of alienating your long-term, loyal fans?

Personally, every intrusive ad that pops up now just makes me less inclined to buy the promoted game.
    Games I would have been hyped for are now tainted; like, literally: "I don't want to play that game at all, because it's associated with the crappy Home Screen now."
    This has just been an exercise in negative marketing, driving consumers away from purchases they might otherwise have made.
    Unless the goal was just to annoy loyal Xbox gamers, this change has been an abject failure.

Xbox, you don't need to be like this.
    It would be so easy to fix this, and restore an enjoyable Home Screen experience to Xbox gamers.
    It's a really small ask; just give us back what we had.
    We already had it, so you already know how to provide it.
    Just get it done, and show Xbox gamers that you're actually in this for them.

Let us display all our custom-curated Groups on our Home Screen, if that's what we want.
    Let us have a clean, tidy Xbox Home Screen, if that's what we want.
    Let us remove (or at least bury at the very bottom of the screen) all the irrelevant guff that's taking up the Home Screen real-estate that we're wanting to actually customise, if that's the experience we want from our Xbox Home Screen.

This would be such an easy win for Xbox to deliver, so what is the hold-up?
    Xbox - be better. Put this right, already.

All Xbox Gamers win, when we're all free to customise our Xbox Home Screen experience to suit our needs (like we used to be able to do).

As 'SerotoninAFK' said on another page:
    "I called and I got human to discuss this with. The only solution is to report a problem. In order to do that I have instructions, the more that report it the more likely they will fix it.

To report a problem:

Put your screen on the stuff you wanna remove and hold the Xbox button, this will create a screen shot of what you were on before holding the button

At the bottom of the “shut off console” screen there is a report a problem button, if not go to the store and search “report a problem” and install the app.

Report a new problem, then other for the category and other for the subcategory. Then you’ll see your screen shot and hit next. And chose to continue on another device (like your phone so it’s easier to type) or continue on the console.

Then fill out the title and next you’ll get a big box to describe the problem. Here’s your chance to tell Xbox what you want. Keep it clean or it will probably never be taken seriously.

Then we just have to hope they listen. Good luck. Hope this helps in the long run."

So, please, everyone; keep providing them with this feedback, regularly.
    We're certainly not going to get change if we don't ask for it, and the more voices asking, the better shot we've got.
  6. Geoff McFarland Win User

That's what I thought and they still have the cheek to ask £450 for the series X.
Thema:

1. How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home... - Similar Threads - removed added groups

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends: I've been dealing with this for over a year and not a single agent has been able to help what am I supposed to do not like you'll send me a new console or anything because that'd "cut company...
  5. Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.: So, when I was young my mother made my xbox account, with a live email, I now have a main email I use, and I would like to change the primary to my own, and remove her account from it. My issues...
  6. How to get added back to the xbox ambassador program after being removed due to an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get added back to the xbox ambassador program after being removed due to an...: I was removed from the Xbox ambassador program due to an enforcement action pertaining to my gamerpic, but the decision got overturned, and I have been trying to get in contact with ambassador...
  7. How do I remove all the new junk that was added to my xbox home screen. I only want to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove all the new junk that was added to my xbox home screen. I only want to see...: How can I remove all the new junk that was added to my dashboard with this new update?? c4c3ea4f-0187-4415-843f-1b8136bd9bab
  8. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...: I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I...
  9. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the...: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker added his email and removed mine from the account. is there a way to retrieve it? In addition, is there a way to transfer a minecraft account data...