How do you link an Xbox account to a PSN account?

Discus and support How do you link an Xbox account to a PSN account? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I wanted to friend one of my friends, but I couldn't because I use an Xbox while he uses a ps5. So, I searched online for minutes possibly an hour and... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by CODDF, Jul 9, 2023.

1. CODDF
    CODDF Guest

I wanted to friend one of my friends, but I couldn't because I use an Xbox while he uses a ps5. So, I searched online for minutes possibly an hour and from that research all I have accomplished is creating a PSN account I still need to link it to my Xbox account, although I researched for that I could not figure it out, so I came here. I would like, if possible, a short yet thorough explanation.

:)

CODDF, Jul 9, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Please accept my apologies, if you want to play with your friend that’s on PlayStation, this depends entirely on which game you want to play.

So there is no a specific answer regarding this matter, each developer establish the way how players between platforms can play.
    However, not all games have the cross-play feature.
  3. CODDF Win User

Thank you for this information it is helpful to me I am very thankful you are a great help
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Coddf, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Your friend that plays on PS5 can link their account by following these steps:

“SIGN IN TO PSN:tm: WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

On the Minecraft game home screen, click Sign in with a Microsoft account. 

Follow the instructions on the page to go to http://aka.ms/remoteconnect to enter the unique 8-digit code and complete your sign-in.”

However, please advise your friend that once they link a Microsoft account, it is not possible to unlink it.

Additionally, you don't need to create a PSN account to play with your friend, just make sure to ask them to add you by following these steps:

“HOW DO I FIND MY FRIENDS ON THEIR MICROSOFT ACCOUNTS?

1. Sign into your Microsoft account and click Play on the home screen.
    2. Tab to the right to reach the Friends tab. 
    3. Click Add Friend. 
    4. Find friends by entering their Microsoft Gamertag in the Search box.”
    Your friend can review the previous information and more by visiting the official Mojang article below:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...
  5. CODDF Win User

I wasn't talking about Minecraft but thank you for the information because if I ever need this in the future, I will know and I already made a PSN and don't want to have my friend do a lot of work have a good day ma'am and thank you for at least trying to help.
  6. gray colt Win User

PS4 and MineCraft

Thanks you. How do i see what PSN my Microsoft account is linked to?

Thanks
Thema:

1. How do you link an Xbox account to a PSN account? - Similar Threads - link account PSN

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. How to link psn account without minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to link psn account without minecraft?: I'm want to link my psn account to Microsoft 2d5d4e77-8cfd-4bbd-b492-99e5773aaefb
  4. Which microsoft account is linked to my PSN?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Which microsoft account is linked to my PSN?: Sorry, not Xbox but I don't know what microsoft account is linked to my PSN account and I can't make a new one. There's only one account I can think of that I could have linked but I keep getting...
  5. Is there a way to find out what Microsoft account my PSN account is linked too?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to find out what Microsoft account my PSN account is linked too?: I’ve been trying to play Minecraft but can’t play online with out logging in with a Microsoft account linked to my PSN account the problem is that I don’t know what Microsoft account it’s linked...
  6. If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to...: If I'm unable to link a different Microsoft account to my PSN, then how was I able to randomly link a wrong one? I have only ever used one Microsoft account for Minecraft on PS4 and now PS5, it...
  7. Microsoft account linked to psn hacked and seemingly deleted preventing online usage

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account linked to psn hacked and seemingly deleted preventing online usage: The account was deleted some time ago, it was hacked and I lost all connection to it, but this account was linked to my ps4, now when I try to access minecraft using the QR menu, I follow the...
  8. Linking current microsoft account to a new PSN (Former one is deleted)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking current microsoft account to a new PSN (Former one is deleted): Hey guys! So I want to link my current microsoft account to my main PSN account, however it's already connected to a former PSN account that I've only used once for minecraft, no purchases or...
  9. I need a way to contact Microsoft Account Department for PSN Minecraft account linking issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a way to contact Microsoft Account Department for PSN Minecraft account linking issues: Good evening, I reached out to Xbox chat about my Minecraft account. I have a legacy Mojang account linked to my PSN. This account is one of the original accounts and the email has changed since....
  10. PSN and Microsoft account linking: part 2

in XBoX Accessibility
    PSN and Microsoft account linking: part 2: About a few months ago I asked a question about the problem about when my PSN account would not unlink my deleted Microsoft account, someone from Microsoft said to check the Apps and Services that...