How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

Discus and support How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Salisa Berry, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Salisa Berry
    Salisa Berry Guest

How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of it before it crashes completely.

:)

Salisa Berry, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Salisa. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

If the Xbox works for now, you can transfer the locally saved files by doing these steps:

“From Xbox Home, go to Settings, and then select System.
    Select Storage > Select the storage device that contains the content you want to copy, move, or delete:

Hard Drive: Your console’s hard drive.
    Cloud Saved Games: Storage space on our Xbox Live servers.
    USB Storage Device: A USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive plugged into your console.
    Memory Unit: A memory unit plugged into your original Xbox 360 console.

Select the type of content that you want to copy, move, or delete:

Games and Apps (It's okay to copy and move saved games from one Xbox 360 console to another. You don't have to repurchase the game or reload it onto your second console.)

Within the content type that you selected, click to select the item that you want to copy, move, or delete.

Select Copy, Move, or Delete.
    If you're copying or moving content: Select the storage device that you want to copy or move the item or items to. (After you've copied or moved the content from your console to a storage device, it's okay to repeat this step, but instead select Delete to delete the content.)”

Note: If you paid for Live Gold (Game Pass Core), you may want to move your saved data to the cloud. That way, you only need to redownload your profile on another Xbox 360 to access the previously uploaded saved data.

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/games/game-setup/manage-games-data-360

I'll remain attentive to any other inquiry you may have.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

xbox 360 with detachable hdd on the side

There is 2 different Xbox 360 models

First model was known for the ring of death (Side of the xbox hard drive)

The improved model had it internal but able to be changed :).
  4. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Xbox 360 Update

Hi Buddy..

Check to see if you have any hard drive space..

You may need a extra external hard drive.. Clear up some internal hard drive space.

Clear off the games that will re-install later on.

Buy a new External hard drive and transfer a few game to the new drive

I filed up my XBox 360 internal hard drive 500MB I need a external hard drive.

XBox just recently updated my XBox 360 too. I took off the games that is on my XBox One.

Visit:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/search?phrase=4476-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox 360 download does not want to finish.

Hello PhantomVT,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the installation for Mass Effect on Xbox 360 is restarting when it gets to 80%. We recommend checking your Xbox 360's hard drive and your USB drive for any corrupt files. The corrupt files
    are indicated with an exclamation mark. If you see any corrupt files, please remove them and clear your system's cache. If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, we suggest

installing the game
    on the internal hard drive. Once the game has been installed on the internal hard drive, you can

move it to the USB drive
    . Be sure to let us know the results PhantomVT!
  6. Shadowololol Win User

Red Dot plus Game still in tray

One red light, luckily for you, is not the "Ring of Death". It can mean that there's a hard drive problem or that the hard drive (HDD) is loose or even corrupted. Remove your hard drive and turn your Xbox 360 Gaming console on. if the red light goes away,
    it is most likely that it is your hard drive and it is time to buy a new one, or try formatting it ( WILL WIPE OUT ALL DATA ). It could also most ultimately mean that there is a internal error within the console. Call 1-800-4-My-Xbox and they'll help you out
    step by step.
Thema:

1. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death - Similar Threads - game files off

2. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  3. Xbox auto deleting game files?!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox auto deleting game files?!: So I have a question for you guys. Ive seen lots of questions but little answers. Seeing if anybody is able to assist with a fix. So I decide to play my COD MW3. I boot up the game and it says I...
  4. No option to choose saved file when joining friends game NMS

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No option to choose saved file when joining friends game NMS: I've been playing NMS Cross platform with a friend for a number of months with no issues then a couple of weeks ago when I tried to join him as usual it didn't give me the option of choosing a...
  5. How to read "File Info" for a game

in XboX Insiders
    How to read "File Info" for a game: Hello everyone, Sorry if this isn't allowed here or if this is common knowledge but I'm Inquiring as to if anyone knows how to or has a link to a document explaining exactly what the information...
  6. Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox PC Game Pass save game save files on PC Game Pass.: If I uninstall my game from my PC, will all the saved game progress be saved to the cloud? And would I be able to recover it after installing the game again. fee4ddad-eb1e-4ba1-a5c9-49879e5f0f50
  7. My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one will not allow me to delete the save files from my game & app menu. What do I...: My xbox one will not delete saved files from my game & app menu. I followed what the guidelines suggest and every time I reboot or restart my files are still there....
  8. game helper file system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game helper file system error (-2015294512): While installing minecraft, it wont launch because of this, any manual way of downlaoding it? 5ae8f7b1-a863-4ea8-ae4e-28193aa5e17f
  9. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  10. Do I need to have a credit card on file to buy a game off of Live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to have a credit card on file to buy a game off of Live?: I'm trying to buy Red Dead Redemption. Long story short I realized my credit card expired. Ok, don't really want to put a new one on so I buy xbox credit off of amazon and redeem it on my xbox...