How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent?

Discus and support How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent? 134c2de0-c147-44dc-b605-e43c67fb9bcf Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vicki Manchester, Oct 6, 2023.

1. How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent?

:)

Vicki Manchester, Oct 6, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Vicki M! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

When you refer to charges, what are you referring to? Anyway, I did a little research and this is what I found:

Please try these steps below to reach our live Xbox support for assistance on this concern:

Go to: Contact us Xbox Support

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for the USA)

If not, click on it, then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either chat online or request a call option, then follow or enter the needed details.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Been scammed

Did this happen on one of your MS accounts?

Or did you just see this on your bank statement?

If it was just on your bank statement then that means that someone has gotten ahold of your banking information and you can contact xbox support by the link that was previously given and they can look up any account that your credit/debit card is currently
    on and remove the card from that account.

As far as the charges are concerned if your card was on a different account and those charges were made to that account then they would definitely be fraudulent charges in which case you would need to talk to your financial institution about putting in a
    fraudulent charge claim.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Hacked

Just so that I understand there were charges on your credit/debit card/bank statement made for Shark and Whale cards but when you look at your account on account.microsoft.com and look at the order history it is not showing up there?

If this is the case that means that someone got ahold of your credit/debit card information and put it on their account and made the purchases.

These are fraudulent purchases and you would need to contact your bank and they have a fraud department that deals with these types of situations.

Asking MS for a refund would be like someone getting ahold of your information going to an online retailer and making purchases with it and then you going to that online retailer and asking them for a refund.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

MS SCAM

Xbox support can actually look up ALL accounts that the card is actively on and remove the card from those accounts.

The Only way someone would be able to use your card on their account is if they got ahold of your CC number, the 3 digit security code on the back and your billing address for the credit card and then put that information onto their account and then purchased
    items.

I would say someone is getting ahold of all of that information. This information is not kept on your account only the last 4 digits of the cc number and billing address are kept on your account online and on the console is only the last 4 of the cc number.

Even if MS were to be able to find the account(s) that your cc is attached to unless you can verify ownership of the account they would not be able to do anything about a refund. Since these are fraudulent charges you would need to talk to your bank about
    these charges.

This would be like someone getting your credit card itself and going to a retail store and making a purchase then you going to that retail store and trying to get a refund from them they will tell you that you need to go to your bank and file fraud charges.
  6. Smwutches Win User

If I remove my card details off my xbox will money still go out of my card for my subscription

If you were able to remove the card then you shouldn't get any more charges to it since you wouldn't have anything attached to it. If you do get a charge, then you'd need to contact your card company about fraudulent charges because that would mean someone else could have your card number.
Thema:

1. How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent? - Similar Threads - ahold someone regarding

2. Dog got ahold of xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Dog got ahold of xbox: While on vacation, my dog decided that my 2 month old brand new xbox series x was the perfect place to discharge their lunch(puke) was wondering if there was anything I could do in regards to...
  3. How do you get ahold of xbox support ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you get ahold of xbox support ?: My Xbox reset and my gamertag got deleted. I can't remember what email i used when i set the gamer tag up. I have a lot of money invested into that account and currently have a Microsoft balance...
  4. How to get ahold of a Xbox supervisor.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get ahold of a Xbox supervisor.: Been denied a refund because I spent too much time on game trying to troubleshoot and have had 4 emails saying the same thing "too much time played and consumed" and wont acknowledge that its...
  5. Help please i can not get ahold of anyone in support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help please i can not get ahold of anyone in support: I purchase an Xbox live gold 12 month membership and when I redeem the code it’s only giving me four months of ultimate I am not able to contact support in anyway it will not work has anyone had...
  6. How to get unbanned when you're innocent and cant get ahold of Microsoft or xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get unbanned when you're innocent and cant get ahold of Microsoft or xbox: I've been banned 3 or 4 times on madden weeks at a time for absolutely nothing.so my question is how do I get unbanned when you cant call Microsoft or xbox? also how do I keep from getting banned...
  7. How to get ahold of the xbox support manager or supervisors

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get ahold of the xbox support manager or supervisors: The reason is that I was talking to the customer service and I had to talk to three different people and they weren't really helping my issue and they said they will call me back in a couple of...
  8. I cant get ahold of someone to help with a due payment which I did not allow in the first...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get ahold of someone to help with a due payment which I did not allow in the first...: Today I got a email from Microsoft saying I owe $19 for Xbox Gamepass Ultimate which is funny because I did not renew for it and now I cant cancel it because I owe money for it and I tried for an...
  9. I'm trying to link my account to epic games and it says that I need to get ahold of support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to link my account to epic games and it says that I need to get ahold of support: [img] I've contacted epic games about it and they said it could be because it's a child account and I need to get ahold of xbox to help so can you guys help me too?...
  10. I cant get ahold of anyone to cancel fix my payment problems!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get ahold of anyone to cancel fix my payment problems!: My girlfriends account has been getting charged for the past 7 months for the Game pass when we cancelled it months ago. I'm trying to talk to somebody before tomorrow so I can get it stopped...