How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

Discus and support How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kairobi, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Kairobi
    Kairobi Guest

I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY troubleshooting method that can be done on the Xbox and it is still there. When I press the buttons of course the movements on screen come out late but they are now also coming out incorrectly and sometimes not even coming out at all. My controller constantly disconnects from my console even though its plugged directly into the xbox with the light still on the controller. I have tried factory resetting, bought new xboxes, new controllers, hdmi cables, changed settings on xbox &tv/monitors, switched internet providers, sent my xbox to be repaired, and etc. Nothing has worked and I am beyond disappointed with my gaming experience for the past 3 years that I feel numb to it. This is me asking out of desperation for help before giving up gaming.

:)

Kairobi, Mar 12, 2024
  2. Kairobi Win User

I appreciate you replying. I have tried the controller test before and it makes no difference. The input delay occurs on any and everything that I do on the xbox. When it is connected via USB-C it will randomly and frequently disconnect me but the light is still on the controller. Its very very strange. When I press the buttons during gameplay, they feel heavy and I have to hit them more than twice in order for them to register. I dont know if its an electrical input delay or what but its beyond upsetting.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kairobi, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You have tried almost everything I could think of.

I didn't see you mention this, but have you tried to check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App?

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

Does this input delay happen with other TVs?

While you are connected via a USB cable, does it improve the situation?
  4. Simon Ralph Win User

Xbox series s- huge input delay 2022

Have you managed to fix this? I’ve used 4 controllers either plugged into Xbox or wireless and there’s still input delay. So annoying
  5. CarTzy Win User

Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?

Hello Kairobi,

I could not really imagine how important it is for you to be able to rectify this issue at the soonest time possible. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be dealt better by our live support team so that they can properly check what’s going on with your device and applications. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed. Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
    Thank you.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?

If you were having input delay, and you have done all this, then you likely have some kind of local interference.

Also, what is the make and model of your television do you have it set game mode?

This video may give you some ideas about how to spot such things

https://youtu.be/QoC8R3KHk8E
Thema:

1. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors? - Similar Threads - fix input delay

2. How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...: I've been having this insane input lag on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019,Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty Vanguard, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2022, and Call of Duty Modern...
  3. Double inputting is there a fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double inputting is there a fix: So awhile back I had a xbox series controller. It worked fine for awhile then it started double inputting all buttons/ sticks. And the right stick had stick drift. I thought it was broken, and so...
  4. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  5. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  6. My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game characters continue moving after i release the input. How do i fix this?: I got a new laptop 2 months ago on windows 11 and while playing games whether or not its with friends or on my own after using any of my movement buttons and then released my character would...
  7. How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix random input delay when using xbox controller connected to a windows pc?: My controller will randomly have massive input lag, and the buttons seem to hold their input. I have tried reinstalling my bluetooth drivers, updating controller firmware with Xbox Accesories,...
  8. Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?: I recently traded in my ex console for a new xbox series x. Very happy. However, there is something that has prevented me from enjoying the experience. On that console (ps5) I played a lot of...
  9. Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to fix input delay and input errors on Xbox consoles?: I have been having a terrible input delay for about a year now on my Xbox. Whenever I press the buttons on the controller it is delayed and there are SOO many input errors. It has completely...
  10. when are is xbox gonna fix the input delay for keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when are is xbox gonna fix the input delay for keyboard and mouse: when are you guys gonna fix the input delay for keyboard and mouse cause when i play fortnite on keyboard and mouse theres huge input lag deba1eab-0aca-46af-afe0-23e7056653e4