How do you fix a disc installation issue?

Discus and support How do you fix a disc installation issue? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got COD AW a few days ago, it started downloading normally as any other game would be but suddenly when it reaches to a certain percentage point... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Neo Drif, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Neo Drif
    Neo Drif Guest

I got COD AW a few days ago, it started downloading normally as any other game would be but suddenly when it reaches to a certain percentage point where it stops downloading and no matter how many times you try to install it again, it always stays at the same percentage point and it also notifies installation stop by several seconds afterwards and would not continue to download further. Another issue is that, whenever i try to download it through the store it would only display Manage or Choose Edition despite being that I have inserted the disc, please fix both of these problems Xbox thank you.

:)

Neo Drif, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Neo D, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can reset your console.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

I own assassin's creed odyssey for xbox one on disc and it wont install on my series x.

Hi StryderMANYA. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues installing a disc. Let me see how I can assist you.

Do other games on disc install fine?
  4. Reno Valentine Win User

Level 1 glitch?

Well re-installing the second disc worked for me however i do get the feeling that this is a sever issue and reinstalling the discs is only a temporary fix.
  5. Krinjax Win User

"Disc Unreadable"

Update: So just as a how the issue is fixed kind of thing.

If the Install disc hasn't been installed before the Title update, you get the Error. Fortunately, I decided to skip the update to see if I could install the disc, which worked; unfortunately, my story data is now corrupted... Well, you win some and lose
    some I guess.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

oblivion dlc wont work

Play with Disc 2 inserted, instead of Disc 1. That should fix the issue.

If you are still having issues, Uninstall the game, and then insert only Disc 2, and let the game install.

Good Luck!
Thema:

1. How do you fix a disc installation issue? - Similar Threads - fix disc installation

2. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  3. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??: My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops. 2e6fceb2-3fd5-4ec3-b2a4-06c0ba0fccbf
  4. I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't get the disc to run the game, how can I fix this?: Title is a bit of a lie I have the ultimate edition for fallout New Vegas on disc and I've been trying to install the DLC from the DLC disc but both discs only load up the game pass version of it...
  5. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  6. how to fix disc read error 8.7 xbox one in mw3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix disc read error 8.7 xbox one in mw3: I can't play mw3 zombies because it says disc read error 8.7 xbox one in mw3 975e77ce-03cc-4388-8a53-577b3e96840d
  7. how to fix disc read error 8.7 xbox one in mw3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix disc read error 8.7 xbox one in mw3: how to fix disc read error 8.7 xbox one in mw3 896960ad-e9ef-4387-8f5d-39ddd8158e82
  8. Is there any way to easily fix an Xbox one system that won’t read or eject discs? The sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to easily fix an Xbox one system that won’t read or eject discs? The sync...: The question pretty much sums it up. I would continue searching the internet, and will, but wanted to post a recent question for reference to all people looking for assistance now. I’ve had...
  9. Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation keeps stopping at the same spot. How do I fix this?: I'm trying to install Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (disc version) but the installation always stops just before its "ready to play." Do I have corrupt files? I've tried downloading offline and...
  10. How fix installation stopped in installing disc based game offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How fix installation stopped in installing disc based game offline: GTA v installation stopped at 93 percent. I have tried all methods but in vain e5c1a16f-6ee5-406c-a222-5de177ded1a6