How do you factory reset a Xbox One S all digital version

Discus and support How do you factory reset a Xbox One S all digital version in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Xbox is stuck on green screen of death and won't do anything I can't load the dashboard to factory reset and don't have a eject button to hold... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Henry Dale1, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Henry Dale1
    Henry Dale1 Guest

Xbox is stuck on green screen of death and won't do anything I can't load the dashboard to factory reset and don't have a eject button to hold

:)

Henry Dale1, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Henry, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital and you're trying to access the troubleshooter screen to reset the console to its factory settings, the procedure is the same but it should only be done using the Sync button on your console.

Here's the exact procedure you should try on your Xbox One S All-Digital console:

1. Turn off the console and disconnect the power cable for 30 seconds to ensure the console is completely powered off, then reconnect it, but do not turn it on yet.

2. Press and hold the Sync button on the console, then press the Power button on the console once without releasing the Sync button.

3. Hold the Sync button for 10 to 15 seconds until you hear the power-up tone again; once you hear it, you can release the button.

4. The console should power on and display the Xbox startup troubleshooter on the screen.

5. If you successfully access the troubleshooter screen, try resetting the console to its factory settings while keeping your games and applications. To do this, please select "Reset this Xbox". When prompted, select the option to keep your games and apps. This option will reset the operating system and remove any potentially corrupted data causing the issue without deleting your apps or games.

6. Verify if the problem persists.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. XBF Esteban R Win User

do you own this game or app?

Hey there Pog!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to play Black Ops 4.

I just wanted to add that if the previous steps have not resolved the issue, you might want to instead try either removing and redownloading your profile as outlined in the page entitled

How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One
    or trying a soft factory reset.

A soft factory reset is one of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues. Just
    make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey will be removed)
    and have easy access to your internet network. Also make sure that
    you select the option denoted reset and keep my games and apps. Follow the steps here on

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    for how to preform one.

Also since the digital and physical versions of games are not read the same, so I also recommend uninstalling the digital version and then trying the disc version to make sure it's the right one that you can open up.

Thanks
  4. ngocphi Win User

XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

Huh

You mean the xbox one s digital ?

Then no the same rules apply

As it would also be digital only

There are two versions of the xbox one s

Digital only and disc version disk version is the plainly labeled xbox one s

Vs the digital only it's the xbox one s digital
  5. bowski477 Win User

Disc games to digital ASAP

You would only need to do this if you purchase the All digital Xbox One S that has no disc drive. If you purchase an Xbox One S or X with a disc drive they can still be used there. But there is no way to convert disc games to digital versions.
  6. BellyyyB Win User

Does having a game disk in XboxX allow me to play the digital version on XboxS on my home network?

no. I believe you still need to get the digital version of the game if you're referring to Xbox series S or all digital Xbox one S
Thema:

1. How do you factory reset a Xbox One S all digital version - Similar Threads - factory reset digital

2. When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...

in XBoX on Windows
    When doing the offline system update (OSU1) Will it factory reset on its own? If so, does...: I still am wondering about this E106 thing and I am just making sure that I do not want to erase my data from games. But my real question is if I do the OSU1, Will it factory reset on its own and...
  3. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  4. Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the OSU1 (Offline system update) same thing as factory reset?: I have made a post like a hour ago saying that I have a problem where my Xbox has a start up error with the code E106. I noticed that there was a second option called offline system update. I...
  5. If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i factory reset will the Xbox keep the built in game i have ?: Hello I wanted to know if i factory reset my Xbox will it keep my built in game i have . In this case it is Forza Horizon 5 . Even if i create a new account on it Naglis...
  6. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  7. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latest update has crashed my Xbox, when factory resets and offline updates don't work,...: After a system update my Xbox one S has been unusable. It would switch on but nothing would load. I followed the steps for an offline reset, this worked for a few days, then the same problem...
  10. my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart

in XBoX on Windows
    my Xbox one s is having missing resolutions and artifacts i tried factory reset and restart: I don't know what is happening with my Xbox one s Btw This is LIL Flame3607 564710e6-9600-4cfe-bbdc-4385f9190a0b