How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar?

Discus and support How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been making recordings with the "capture widget" in xbox gamebar for quite some while now and have had no issue with recording games in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by C. Cole, Jan 8, 2024.

1. C. Cole
    C. Cole Guest

I have been making recordings with the "capture widget" in xbox gamebar for quite some while now and have had no issue with recording games in the past. However, one thing that began to frustrate me with these recordings a while ago was the fact that they were relatively low resolution.

My monitor at the time was only 1680x1050 pixels and this caused two black bars to appear on either side of whatever video I recorded from a game. I tried using other softwares like OBS and scaling up the footage but this only resulted in grainy video and suboptimal quality.

Finally, I acquired a 1080p monitor to try and fix the issue (and because I was tired of a small monitor) but after trying to record games in gamebar with this new monitor I was annoyed to find that they still retained the low quality and the black bars from my old monitor. OBS did adapt to my new monitor's resolution although I found audio quality in OBS to be very poor compared to the audio that gamebar recorded.

So... this led me to try and change the resolution that gamebar recorded, I figured that the application had retained the resolution and size of my old 1680x1050 monitor and I assumed that changing the capture resolution would be an easy fix. Annoyingly, after visiting the capture settings menu multiple times to try and make this change and viewing Microsoft articles such as this one I discovered that the capture settings menu only allowed you to change the video quality from "standard" to "high", offering no other options or further specifications.

It is worth noting that the games that I am attempting to record are all set as 1080p with my monitor and clearly recognize my monitor to be larger than 1680x1050. All applications that retained the 1680x1050 resolution from my old monitor have, to my knowledge, had their resolutions modified accordingly to fit my new monitor.

I have found no Microsoft support articles covering the issue that I am discussing and am pretty much lost at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

C. Cole, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

What Is Causing This?

Hi,

Kind of difficult one to diagnose. Your Windows GameBar recording (or other third party recording app) likely won't record this glitch as they just record that application, not the display.

Is this the only game your display does this?

Have you gone into your display settings or the video graphics driver settings and checked your display resolution and refresh rate are correct?
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Gaming Bar not recording full resolution on Ultrawide Monitor on Windows 10

that is strange, i had the issue when the game was outputting the wrong res so gamebar just recorded the actual game resolution. if you using nvidia i would just use shadowplay instead, works better and slightly less overhead.
  4. KirbsKirbs Win User

Xbox game capture too bright compared to regular game

Hi josef,

i uninstalled and reinstalled the xbox gamebar but the videos still too bright when i record with it.

do you have any other suggestions?
  5. Noel Powell Win User

I can not record 10 minute movies

You can do that. Change the "Record That Duration" if it still won't go up, the chamge resolution to 720p and change it again.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

Does Xbox Game Bar store to a cloud or something? (trying to get my clips from my old pc)

do you really not read, he asked if the clips are saved to the cloud WHICH THEY ARE NOT, they are saved locally, you have to manually upload them via the gamebar if you want them on xbox network.

Game clips taken by gamebar can run from 125MB to well over 30GB depending on quality and length of recording, they do not have auto upload for this reason.
Thema:

1. How Do You Change The Resolution of Recordings in Xbox Gamebar? - Similar Threads - Change Resolution Recordings

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change Xbox one s out of low resolution mode: When I turned the Xbox on it was stuck on a black screen, the only thing that worked was rebooting it in low quality mode but no I cannot change the quality back to 720 or 1080p. I have tried...
  6. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...
  7. Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 and not changed to other resolution: Hi my xbox one s resolution stuck on 640 x 480 LOW resolution and not changed to 1080 p OR 4K UHD OR 720 p OR 1440 P HELP ME FOR resolution problem on xbox one s 96e51b04-9c91-4f89-ab0c-3d243466feda
  8. Xbox resolution changing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox resolution changing: I have a sporadic issue with the resolution on my console. Once I manage to get the console to recognise its 4k it works fine but if I do any of the following Turn off console Turn off tv...
  9. 1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.

in XboX Insiders
    1440p Capture problems, cant change resolution settings for clips to match output.: I play on 1440p and my game captures are only at 1080p and constantly freeze anytime I clip something. Not sure what I can do, I've already done a reset on it and it didn't change anything....
  10. doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...

in XBoX on Windows
    doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i changed the video and resolution settings to max and now it...: doom 3 on pc windows 11 : i bought it and installed it and launched it : it was displayed in window low resolution, and i could play it. so i changed the video settings and resolution to max :...