How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

Discus and support How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S T32, Jun 20, 2023.

1. S T32
    S T32 Guest

How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,...

How do you change the NAT type. I can get online, start the Xbox one S, start up fortnite, and the game gets stuck on connecting. The NAT type on that hot spot box is strict. When I connect with my phone hot spot, the NAT type is moderate and the game plays?

:)

S T32, Jun 20, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict, but with my phone hot spot it says moderate?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

To get an open NAT type, please follow the troubleshooting steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

Some steps may require you to contact your Internet Service Provider. They will be the ones to provide you with the steps on how to access your router settings and do these changes there.
  3. Godmonkee Win User

Gears3 Unable to play with friends

Hi nememis3001 this generally gets brought up a lot but it all depends on your NAT as well, if you have a strict or moderate NAT or your friends do then this can cause complications when trying to link up. If it turns out you have a strict or moderate NAT
    type or your friends do then use
    support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
    and this guide will show you how to change it.

Thanks and hope you solve the problem

4. Mister Fitzer Win User

AT&T Elevate & xbox Live

Hey Xox, I'm afraid that you'll always be on a moderate or strict NAT trying to connect through a hot spot.
  5. Kiesey Win User

Can never connect to friends party's in games or on xbox live

I would suggest testing your Xbox Live connection and see if you get a NAT warning saying your Nat is Moderate or Strict. If you do try the steps in the article below to resolve your issue.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

I can't hear my friends in parties!

Either you and or some of the people in party have a moderate or strict NAT.

Run the Live connection test and post your results.

If you do have a moderate or strict NAT, here's how to get it changed to OPEN. Link
Thema:

1. How do you change the NAT type? I try to get on with our hot spot box and says NAT strict,... - Similar Threads - change NAT type

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful: Series x i get it set up so its open and works fine, within a few days its reverted to strict nat, and upnp unsussesful. Ive set up staric ip and dmz server made sure relevant ports are open and...
  6. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  7. How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my Xbox Nat type to open?: My Nat type on Xbox says it is Unavailable 5a78e760-9b36-46af-8f01-40b0c7e787ba
  8. Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my NAT type is strict? Is there any way to change it to moderate or open NAT type?: [img] I always get 200+ latency and 10-50% packet loss and sometimes the teredo is blocked, how do I fix this? e653aa41-1191-4078-b584-1f2e207ad3a7
  9. how do i change the NAT type on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i change the NAT type on xbox one: how do i change my NAT type on my xbox one. the NAT type is strict aaeca11a-df37-4d42-acb3-2df57786667e
  10. Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi how do i change my nat settings it says strict and nothing helps: How do i change my nat settings on my xbox one it stays on strict plz help i tried multiple ways no luck e91fb54e-f9a9-4ff6-ad6b-823559a35480