How do u fix additional authentication needed

Discus and support How do u fix additional authentication needed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Grayson Mclaurin, Jul 7, 2023.

1. How do u fix additional authentication needed

Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address. Have cleared Alternate MAC address and rebooted console several times with no luck. Identifies network and shows good signal strength, but nothing else. Wireless network is working and other devices are utilizing it just fine.

Any ideas?

:)

Grayson Mclaurin, Jul 7, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

One of the possible reasons why a console cannot connect to the Internet is because its MAC address has been blacklisted by the router, i.e. someone may have configured the router so that a particular device does not consume bandwidth.

Formatting the router to its factory settings may help.

You can also try a reset by keeping games and applications on the console to rule out that it is a console problem.

Go to Settings>System>Console Information

And restart keeping your games.

Note that the console accounts will be removed, so you will need to have the email and password for each account to log back in.

Your progress, achievements, purchases and other data will remain intact, don't worry about that, you won't lose any data, the only thing you need to do is to log in again.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. AdamCastaneda Win User

Additional Authentication Needed Fix

Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day todaynas well
    Thats what happend to me to still cant play so i bought a tank and destroyed my xbox and its fixed im kidding but i do have the problem i cant go online it says my NAT or something about my internet but my internet is connected with other devices so somethings
    wrong with the xbox hopefully when i wake uo its fixes.
  4. Speedz228 Win User

Additional Authentication Needed Fix

Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day todaynas well
  5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

How to fix additional authentication

Hi Christian L! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

This is a problem that is a bit easy to solve, don't worry. The most common steps to solve this problem are:

- Power cycle your router and Xbox console
    - Delete alternate MAC address
    - Use your router's MAC address
    - Restart your Xbox console
    - Contact your ISP for help

In any case, you can obtain additional information at the following link:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-additional-authentication-needed-error-on-xbox-console

Or in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBP2D79FCuI

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  6. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
Thema:

1. How do u fix additional authentication needed - Similar Threads - fix additional authentication

2. how do i fix this problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i fix this problem: Alright so at first my Xbox one s was overheating a lot but now when I turn it on its just a gray/black screen after a while I'll get an error screen asking me to reset it, factory reset it or...
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. How to fix my power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix my power brick: I unplugged my outlet that everything was into and when i tried to plug it back up. The xbox wouldn’t turn on turns out the power brick light is red. Everything has been fine up to this point and...
  5. how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can i fix the onscreen keyboard????: hi, i have an xbox series S and the on screen keyboard keeps on sticking to the first word in word suggestions, i can search nor log in to my accounts in those games, i tried to search online for...
  6. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix this?: My Xbox controller only connects to the xbox when the controller is about 10cm away from the xbox when i move it away it disconnects and doesnt connect again until i bring it closer again. The...
  7. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  8. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  9. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  10. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668