How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox...

Discus and support How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been interested in this functionality for a while now but nobody has ever asked about it on the internet as far as I have found (I am on Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Mallett, Nov 24, 2023.

1. How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox...

I've been interested in this functionality for a while now but nobody has ever asked about it on the internet as far as I have found (I am on Windows 11). Some examples I can give are that external games such as Team Fortress 2, Geometry Dash, and Poly Bridge 2 that don't seem to have any relation to the Xbox platform still appear on my status and game history in my Xbox profile, whilst others like Splitgate, Fall Guys, and The Escapists 2 (literally has an Xbox version) just don't?

As a note the button 'Remember this is a game' in the game bar settings appears to do absolutely nothing. Is it something in the game files that tells the game it can registered through Xbox? Would it be possible to put such a file in a game that doesn't register to make it register? Even cooler (but probably impossible), could this be used to create a custom status? Thanks for your help.

:)

Michael Mallett, Nov 24, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox Game Bar whilst others do not?

it's the same way discord does, it just looks at running processes and matches them up, you can change your settings in the Xbox app
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox Game Bar whilst others do not?

Hello Michael M, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

The functionality of showing non-Xbox games in your Xbox profile in the Windows 11 Game Bar relies on the operating system's ability to detect and record gaming activity on your computer. However, not all external games will automatically appear in your Xbox profile. Whether a game is included in the Xbox profile depends on several factors, such as the game's implementation and whether the developer has used APIs and features provided by the Windows operating system to enable that functionality.

Some third-party games, such as Team Fortress 2, Geometry Dash, and Poly Bridge 2, may have been developed or updated to include Xbox Live integration or Windows-specific features that allow them to register with your Xbox profile. This means they can use APIs and services provided by Microsoft to record game activity.

As for the "Remember this is a game" button in the Game Bar settings, its function is to manually mark an application as a game so that Windows recognizes it and treats it as such. However, not all games will respond to this setting as it depends on how they are developed and whether they have included integration with Windows gaming features.

It is not possible to directly modify game files to be registered to your Xbox profile. The ability to register games to your Xbox profile depends on how the game has been implemented and configured by the developer.

In short, including non-Xbox games in your Xbox profile in the Windows 11 Game Bar depends on each game's specific implementation and integration with features and services provided by Microsoft. It is not possible to directly modify the game files to enable this functionality.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. VansFannel Win User

Invite a friend from Steam to play a crossplay game (like windjammers 2) with me if I am on my Xbox One X

Linking your steam profile just shows to people that you have steam, nothing more. Some games do have cross play, and those games you will be able to invite someone in game itself, not via the Xbox dashboard.
    I can't see any people that I have on Steam on my Xbox, neither my Xbox dashboard and neither in the game running on my Xbox, and neither in the Xbox app for Windows, and neither on a game from Xbox running on a Windows 10 PC.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Invite a friend from Steam to play a crossplay game (like windjammers 2) with me if I am on my Xbox One X

Linking your steam profile just shows to people that you have steam, nothing more. Some games do have cross play, and those games you will be able to invite someone in game itself, not via the Xbox dashboard.
  6. darkist1 Win User

Do Steam Games Show Up in Achievements?

Only certain games on steam will show up on your achievements list if they are from steam. Basically games that are not on Xbox but are on steam, should not show up at all on your achievements list.
Thema:

How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox...

1. How do some non-Xbox games (from Steam etc.) show up on my profile's status in the Xbox... - Similar Threads - non games Steam

2. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  3. If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...: If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with my friend on xbox ed975e6e-9914-47ca-8bf9-88b2248c10d8
  4. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  5. The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...

in XboX Insiders
    The Non-Dismissible Notification in Game Bar That Appears When Xbox App Is Not Installed on...: Social widget displays a message reads "Install the Xbox app to get the latest widget updates" at the top of friends list, taking up a considerable amount of the already tight space. The situation...
  6. Cloud gaming non-functional for The Long Dark via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming non-functional for The Long Dark via Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox Series S: The Long Dark appears to be misrepresented as available for Cloud Gaming via Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox Series S. Selecting the cloud gaming option does not do anything other than briefly showing...
  7. Non existing email connected to Epic Games account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Non existing email connected to Epic Games account: So I recently logged back into my old Epic Games account to see what was on there and I could still get in, but I don't have access to the email I have with it. I tried changing my email on the...
  8. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  9. Why can’t I move my non x/s game on to my added on hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I move my non x/s game on to my added on hard drive?: My internal storage is near full and when I try downloading x/s games I can’t as my storage is near full so I try move my non x/s game but when I do it’s stuck on 0%. I’m not sure how to fix this...
  10. So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games....: So if you have a non official 360 hard what can you do with it to play original Xbox games. do you have to get an original 360 hard drive 7c460fa7-0dc1-41a3-aa2a-7cd30a0e11f5