How do I wipe my XBOX 360 hard drive

Discus and support How do I wipe my XBOX 360 hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I like to trade in my xbox 360 but like to delete the hard drive with my information how do I go about it. 5fd3ef5a-7d19-4ce1-bbe6-809796ba076d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by floyd634, Oct 25, 2015.

1. floyd634
    floyd634 Guest

I like to trade in my xbox 360 but like to delete the hard drive with my information how do I go about it.

:)

floyd634, Oct 25, 2015
  2. zman3(2)
    zman3(2) Guest
    License Tranfer

How do l wipe my 360 hard drive...I purcashed a xbox one ...and selling the 360...thanks in advance

zman3(2), Oct 25, 2015
  3. Colin P556
    Colin P556 Guest
    Selling xBox, wiping HDD?

Hi, I'm planning on buying a new xBox 360 Slim soon, and I want to sell my old 360 with the hard drive included. I was wondering how I would properly wipe the old hard drive so that none of my personal information is available to the new owner.

Thanks!

Colin P556, Oct 25, 2015
  4. eber3
    eber3 Guest

Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the tray. Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.

Then select Storage. Highlight the hard drive you want to format, and then press the Y button on your controller.

Select Format. You'll receive the following message: "This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?" Choose Yes to format the storage device.

eber3, Oct 26, 2015
  5. zman3(2) Win User

License Tranfer

How do l wipe my 360 hard drive...I purcashed a xbox one ...and selling the 360...thanks in advance
  6. eber3 Win User

Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the tray. Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.

Then select Storage. Highlight the hard drive you want to format, and then press the Y button on your controller.

Select Format. You'll receive the following message: "This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?" Choose Yes to format the storage device.
  7. Mister Beep Win User

Question about Media/Music App

Hey there WeepySaucer9404!

Have you went ahead and reformatted the Xbox 360 consoles hard drive? I would do that if you haven't already, as that should wipe everything off of the device. You can refer to our
    Xbox 360 Storage page, which has a section on how to format an Xbox 360 hard drive! :D

Post back and let us know if that helps! :)
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

Starting Xbox 360

Hey there Feraldeus! Thanks for hitting us back with those details.

This is definitely odd and it seems as though it's tied to your hard drive wipe from earlier.

Can you tell us why you wiped your hard drive? Was it reading as unformatted or something like that? I'm wondering if perhaps your hard drive was/is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Something we can try:

Let us know how that goes as well as why you wiped your hard drive. We'll be waiting to hear back from you. =)
  9. KalesSamuel Win User

My Xbox suddenly lost all storage/needs formatted/won't let me update.

I have a similar problem. My xbox 360 E was working fine yesterday. I left for a few hours, came back and tried to play again. It popped up with a system update (btw I had no external Hard drives plugged in). I said yes to the update and it said I needed
    an additional 190 MB to complete it, however when I declined to go free space, I found that the built in hard drive was wiped clean. In fact, the console doesn't even recognize that the hard drive is there. It has a built in hard drive and should not be doing
    that, but I can't download or create a profile until it's fixed. So how do I fix this?
Thema:

1. How do I wipe my XBOX 360 hard drive - Similar Threads - wipe 360 hard

2. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  3. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  4. My wish-list was wiped randomly?

in XboX Insiders
    My wish-list was wiped randomly?: Just logged onto my console and my wishlist is empty. I had 70+ items saved. Any idea how this could of happened? I don't remember ever deleting it at all. Is this possible from the mobile app...
  5. Banned for no reason. Why do other players fake report when they get wiped?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned for no reason. Why do other players fake report when they get wiped?: I am hearing a lot of this and I hear a lot of teams when they get wiped report them and we didn't even say or do anything bad. Says in order to ban I have to do something serious well I'd love to...
  6. Xbox Please Wipe my Cloud Gaming Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Please Wipe my Cloud Gaming Data: I am playing on the Xbox Gamepass Cloud Gaming Service known as XCloud. I was modding Skyrim then added a mod, then it crashed. I've relaunched it 10 time, and each times it crashes on the menu....
  7. My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?: My gamer score got wiped back to zero and I can’t re-download the games that I purchased before on my Xbox profile c63218b3-4126-49b3-acca-d3026f9efc44
  8. If I wipe my Xbox 360, will that delete my account that was transferred over to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I wipe my Xbox 360, will that delete my account that was transferred over to Xbox One?: So I'm thinking about selling my 360 and I'm wondering if it gets wiped, will my account that i transferred over to my Xbox One get deleted or messed up or something?...
  9. How to completely wipe and factory reset the Xbox 360 slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to completely wipe and factory reset the Xbox 360 slim?: I want to completely reset my 360 Slim back to when i first pulled it out of the box, walkthroughs and all. How can i do this? I have my gamesaves in the cloud storage. I am concerned about...
  10. Used Xbox 360 - wipe out, register, and re download.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Used Xbox 360 - wipe out, register, and re download.: My brother just gave me his Xbox 360 Elite, with 120GB HD. What I would like to do is wipe it completely out, and basically start from scratch. I would like to be able to go to xbox.com and go...