How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router

Discus and support How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to hardwire connect vs wireless but it doesn’t work says problem with hardware 074216dc-c6e3-4a59-8de7-53ea2b3f50b0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JORDAN MANN2, Dec 7, 2023.

1. JORDAN MANN2
    JORDAN MANN2 Guest

I’ve been trying to hardwire connect vs wireless but it doesn’t work says problem with hardware

:)

JORDAN MANN2, Dec 7, 2023
  2. RyanChiasson1 Win User

Xbox One X dropping IPv6 Connection.

Do you know if you ISP supports IPv6? Your router could be tunneling your IPv4 connection to an IPv6 which basically means it is sending IPv6 packets through an IPv4 connection to communicate with IPv6 servers. I found out myself the xbox doesn't
    like this at all. My ISP doesnt support IPv6. When I would look at my connection on my xbox it would say IPv4 and IPv6. So O went into my router settings and sure enough my router was set to tunnel IPv4 to IPv6. I went through set to IPv4 only and it solved
    my problem. This causes a teredo error in your xbox.
    I'm not sure. How can I check if my router is tunneling it through Ipv4?
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

IPv4 and IPv6 issue

Are you using a wired or wireless to connect to your router?

My Xbox is using only IPv4. What should I do to add IPv6?

Several home routers support IPv6 but disable it by default. Check the manual for your router or contact your ISP to make sure it's enabled.
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Teredo problem

Teredo isnt actually a program or file. It has to do with tunneling an IPv6 connection on a IPv4 internet connection. You might check with your ISP and see if they offer IPv6 in your area. If they dont xbox live seems to have an issue with tunneling. I
    would recommend going into your router and see if your router is tunneling IPv6 to IPv4 and just disable the IPv6 and just use IPv4. Xbox seems to run great off a true IPv6 connection but doesnt do well if you are tunneling it from the older IPv4.
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Xbox One X dropping IPv6 Connection.

Do you know if you ISP supports IPv6? Your router could be tunneling your IPv4 connection to an IPv6 which basically means it is sending IPv6 packets through an IPv4 connection to communicate with IPv6 servers. I found out myself the xbox doesn't like
    this at all. My ISP doesnt support IPv6. When I would look at my connection on my xbox it would say IPv4 and IPv6. So O went into my router settings and sure enough my router was set to tunnel IPv4 to IPv6. I went through set to IPv4 only and it solved my
    problem. This causes a teredo error in your xbox.
  6. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Jordan,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. How do I use wired connection with IPV4 Xbox and IPV6 router - Similar Threads - wired connection IPV4

2. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S): About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet since then. Today, my Xbox lost connection in...
  3. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  4. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  5. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  6. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  7. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  8. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  9. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.: Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also...
  10. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254