How do I use my Microsoft account balance to buy Minecoins?

Discus and support How do I use my Microsoft account balance to buy Minecoins? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I used to be able to buy Minecoins using my Microsoft account. I added money to the balance not realizing that: A. The link for Minecoins doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CMI79, Nov 13, 2022.

1. CMI79
    CMI79 Guest

I used to be able to buy Minecoins using my Microsoft account.

I added money to the balance not realizing that:

A. The link for Minecoins doesn't work

B. I can't get a refund of the balance

Does anyone know a way to use the account balance to buy Minecoins?

This link no longer works:

https://www.microsoft.com/p/1-000-minecoins/9pc5ngwcnl95#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

:)

CMI79, Nov 13, 2022
  2. CMI79 Win User

I guess it would be PC. It's on a tablet, not an XBox. I have access to a PC to buy them.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CMI79

Are you trying to purchase the minecoins on Xbox or PC?
    Or do you play on another platform?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, if you have a Windows tablet PC and if I recall correctly not all the Microsoft store / Xbox app games are compatible with Microsoft balance.

You can try using the money inside Minecraft, when you click on "purchase" the payment screen should appear, if the game is compatible with Microsoft balance you should be able to see the option

If not, unfortunately you may need to access to an Xbox and do it from there if you really want to purchase the minecoins

(or you can use the balance and purchase a different thing)
  5. C F2 Win User

How do I add buy Minecoins for my switch using my microsoft account

I hadn't tried to buy them on the switch. I have some money on my microsoft account and tried to buy some mine coins from there, i was able to buy 700 coins however there is no way to access them or know if they were added to the microsoft account associated with the switch and when I logged reloaded the game and relogged into the account the balance didnt reflect the added minecoins. I asked for a refund after finding conflicting information on the microsoft website about whether I can buy them on the microsoft account and use them on the switch. So my question is how do I buy them on my microsoft account so they are available on the switch.
  6. JimmyJames94025 Win User

Minecraft not recognizing Microsoft balance

Same thing happening to us. Microsoft website showing correct account balance, but buying minecoins from Minecraft on Win 10 fails because it thinks balance is much lower ($1.16 instead of $17.17).

Confusingly, buying games from the Windows 10 store works. So the glitch seems to be Minecraft specific.
Thema:

1. How do I use my Microsoft account balance to buy Minecoins? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account balance

2. Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Withdraw money frome Microsoft account balance?: Recently got money for xbox and wanted to know if i can withdraw the money from it f4f6e7cd-00ee-4076-afcb-2adacd9779f2
  3. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  4. Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance not showing up on the Microsoft store: I am trying to use my account balance to pre-order an Xbox game on the website and it is not showing up when I select a payment method. The game is only available to pre-order on the website, so I...
  5. when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when does it charge when im using the microsoft account balance instead of my debit card?: Hello, I preordered a game that comes out on February 2 of this year, but the Microsoft account balance doesn't show a change, I preorder the game in November, I read that it charges immediately...
  6. Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account balance: My child is asking to buy something on Fortnite for £17. 49 They have £20.02 in their account and when they ask for approval I then approve and then get asked to add more funds ? Why ? And how...
  7. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  8. My microsoft account balance is bugging on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microsoft account balance is bugging on fortnite: I’ve checked my microsoft account and it says i have 17 dollars and some cents, but my problem is that i’m trying to buy a fortnite crew pack for 11.99 tax makes it 13.13 so i still have enough...
  9. No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...: On Tuesday 28th of November, I used up €249 of my Microsoft balance towards a purchase of an Xbox Series S starter bundle. The outstanding balance of €1 was a pending transaction since then. I...
  10. Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding money to one child's microsoft balance is appearing on another child's account. How...: I have an XboxS. I have an account myself and I have two child accounts, Child1 and Child2. Yesterday I added money to Child1's account. We can see this clearly in the order history of my MS...