how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one?

Discus and support how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox 360 original model and it seems the old user didn't factory reset the console. I searched for guides on how I could update the system... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mher Boynikara, Sep 10, 2023.

1. how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one?

I bought an Xbox 360 original model and it seems the old user didn't factory reset the console. I searched for guides on how I could update the system but they were all on the newer dashboard. and I couldn't connect to the internet because I didn't have a wireless network adaptor so I tried using ethernet but it didn't do anything. I couldn't sign in to Xbox Live or make a new account because it had parental controls. so how can I either factory reset my console to remove the parental controls or I update my system to the latest version?

:)

Mher Boynikara, Sep 10, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Mher Boynikara,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to update the Xbox 360 console to a new dashboard however, you cannot connect to console to the internet. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

To update your Xbox 360 console to the latest dashboard, you need to connect it to the internet. If you don't have a wireless network adapter, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect your console to your router or modem. Once your console is connected to the internet, follow these steps to update your dashboard:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.

2. Go to Settings and select System Settings.

3. Select Network Settings and then select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network.

4. Select Test Xbox Live Connection to make sure your console is connected to the internet.

5. If your console is connected to the internet, select Yes when prompted to update your console.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.

Learn more here: Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection | Xbox Support

For the steps on how to reset your Xbox 360 Console:

1. Press the Guide button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > System Settings.
    3. On the System Settings screen, select Console Settings > System Info.
    4. Write down your console serial number (you’ll need to enter it later), and then press the B button.
    5. Select Storage.
    6. On the Storage Devices screen, select Hard Drive and press the Y button to access Device Options.
    7. On the Device Options screen, select Format.
    8. On the Format Device screen, you’ll see the following message. Select Yes.
    This will remove all content on this device. Do you want to continue?

1. On the Format Hard Drive screen, select Enter Serial Number, and then enter the number on the next screen.
    2. Press the Start button. You’ll see a Formatting in progress message with a progress bar. After the process is complete, you’ll be returned to the Home screen.
    Source: How to reset or reformat your Xbox 360 to factory default settings | Xbox Support

Now, after resetting your console, you may update Xbox 360 in 4 ways: install from Xbox Live, install from game disk, copy from a USB flash drive and burn to CD or DVD. The steps will depend on your choice out of 4 for Xbox 360 update. To learn the steps, please use this link: How to get a new Xbox 360 update | Xbox Support.

Should you have issues related to Xbox 360 update, please check this link - Xbox 360 system update error codes | Xbox Support.

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. AcheaShadow Win User

Accessing web servers on ports other than 80 in IE?

5. VibroPlex Win User

2012 october update problem

Hex Blade, I checked the updates page and it shows there Note: The version of the console software available here is from June 20, 2012.
    So, the USB update is for the OLD dashboard still.

Your other console will get an invite to upgrade, too, just not right now. As the official announcement says at

majornelson.com/.../new-xbox-360-dashboard-update-starts-rolling-out-today

"...this will be a gradual deployment ... Don’t panic if you don’t see an immediate update, just keep checking back in."
  6. Salem in Chains Win User

Unable to connect to multiplayer

the dashboard update may have made your xbox unusable (if its an old one that after the new dashboard update from yesterday I think, will kill some old xboxs but MS is replacing them for free). But chances are its a disc issue. Im gonna assume that the disc
    itself is in good shape? Are you able to play other games without issue?
Thema:

1. how do i update from the old xbox 360 dashboard to the new one? - Similar Threads - update old 360

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Troubleshooting updating my old xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troubleshooting updating my old xbox 360: Hello all ! I've recently dug up my old 360 and when i launch it i get this update error code for which no solution found online works : 351F-4099-2800-0F00-C000-0034 I've tried downloading on a...
  4. Problem on old gen console with new update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem on old gen console with new update: Hey all so I'm still on xbox one x and I have a problem with the new update I'm reaching out to try and see if maybe someone here has had the same problem before. After this most recent update I...
  5. Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old 360 hard drive without windows 10 update: So I have this old Xbox360 hard drive from like 2012 or 2010 and it has none of the new updates for Windows, but I can no longer apply them for the media center, what should I do?...
  6. Since the last update my xbox series s decided to become a plain old xbox one.. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Since the last update my xbox series s decided to become a plain old xbox one.. Why?: Hi everyone! Since last update when I try to launch any X/S optimised game I received the error code 0x87e50033. Any other games work just fines. I tried everything mentioned in xbox...
  7. cant offline update my xbox one because of old OSU1 file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant offline update my xbox one because of old OSU1 file.: cant offline my xbox one because the osu1 file is 2 months old and its september now and the older osu1 files wont work on latest updated xbox consoles. if anyone has the capability to contact...
  8. back to the old dashboard after constant updates

in XboX Insiders
    back to the old dashboard after constant updates: I got the new Xbox dashboard recently, a few months ago, but since then every time I have loaded up my series S it has required an update. When I got on today, it updated the console like it does...
  9. I recently updated my microsoft email from an old one to a new one and now i can only play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently updated my microsoft email from an old one to a new one and now i can only play...: I recently updated my microsoft email from an old one to a new one and now i can only play offline games and i can’t access the store to purchase new games, can someone help me...
  10. Microsoft e-mail has been updated but X-Box stayed on the old one and I can not access it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft e-mail has been updated but X-Box stayed on the old one and I can not access it: I changed the email for my Microsoft account quite a long time ago. So all my Microsoft services are now associated with my new e-mail. Except for XBox. For some reason, it created a new user...