How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account?

Discus and support How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to link my Xbox account to my current EA account so I can use ea play through game pass. However everytime I try to link it via EA it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jamoskipod, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Jamoskipod
    Jamoskipod Guest

I am trying to link my Xbox account to my current EA account so I can use ea play through game pass. However everytime I try to link it via EA it says my account is already linked to an email that is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** or something similar. As this account seemingly no longer exists somehow I cannot link anything else to my xbox account and furthermore cannot log in to my xbox account to access EA play as it sends me down a loop of resetting my password which gets me nowhere, which im assuming is because the linked EA account is effectively dead. I have no idea how to rectify this and both microsoft support and ea support are equally useless, but I do not see a way for me to fix this without someone on their end doing it from within?

:)

Jamoskipod, Sep 23, 2023
  2. TimB101 Win User

Hi,

I'm Tim, an Independent Advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. I don't work for Microsoft and do not have access to any of your data on their system.

When logging into your EA account there is an option within the settings to view what accounts are linked.

There should be an option where it lists Xbox and then the option of unlinking.

If you navigate to the EA Account settings portal.

Click on Connections.

Find the account you want to unlink, and click the Unlink button next to it.

Read the disclaimer and make sure you want to unlink

Check the box next to I understand and wish to continue.

Click Unlink

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further or If you find it helpful, you can mark this comment as the answer.

Kind regards

Tim
  3. kyser7513 Win User

Origin Account

4. MoeZArts Win User

Origin Account

5. HassanB Win User

Weird Security Breach on my XBL Account

I'd also look into contacting EA and asking them why your account is being deactivated instead of unlinked? I was able to get my gamertag unlinked when I had a problem with it previously (about a year ago) they should be able to do the same for you. You
    might want to demand that they do that as it does seem like something weird is going on here in regards to the EA account.
  6. morbidpixie Win User

Cant play EA Play games with Xbox Game Pass

I had the same issue. Had to go to my EA Account and Unlink my Xbox Live account.

After Unlinking, follow the steps to install an EA Play game from the Xbox app. EA Desktop will ask to re-link your Microsoft account.

After doing that it all works fine. Hope this helped.
Thema:

1. How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account? - Similar Threads - unlink very old

2. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  3. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  4. Playstation Gamertag Crossplay is using my Bungie Account. How do I unlink him?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playstation Gamertag Crossplay is using my Bungie Account. How do I unlink him?: Bungie sent an e-mail requesting that I update my account. When I look at my Profile for Destiny2, I find that a Playstation Gamertag has changed my profile picture/name to his/her profile name -...
  5. how to unlink a Microsoft account from a Minecraft account without logging into the...

in XBoX on Windows
    how to unlink a Microsoft account from a Minecraft account without logging into the...: I have a PlayStation 5 and have a Microsoft account that is locked to my Minecraft account, I have no access to the Microsoft account and need to disconnect them 16d04f40-1b96-49fe-9786-1b5de3f32a94
  6. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  7. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  8. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  9. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  10. How to unlink a Roblox account from Xbox series X account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to unlink a Roblox account from Xbox series X account: Hi, hope someone can advise me please. I've got Roblox installed on our Xbox Series X. I've got a Roblox user account (e.g. RoAcc1) that currently appears to be linked to my Xbox user profile....