How do I uninstall X box game bar app?

Discus and support How do I uninstall X box game bar app? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I did not install x box game bar on my computer but its been recently popping up upon start. I went to uninstall the program and it is not allowing me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jennifer McCarthy1, Mar 11, 2023.

1. How do I uninstall X box game bar app?

I did not install x box game bar on my computer but its been recently popping up upon start. I went to uninstall the program and it is not allowing me to (the uninstall button is grey and not "clickable" How do I remove this app from my computer?

:)

Jennifer McCarthy1, Mar 11, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If the "Uninstall" button for the Xbox Game Bar app is grayed out and unclickable, it may mean that the app is currently running or that you do not have the necessary permissions to uninstall it. Here are some steps you can take to try and uninstall the app:

Close Xbox Game Bar: If Xbox Game Bar is currently running, try closing it first. Right-click on the Xbox Game Bar icon in the taskbar and select "Close window" or use the Task Manager to end the process.

Disable Xbox Game Bar: If you don't want to uninstall Xbox Game Bar but just want it to stop popping up on start, you can disable it instead. Press Windows key + G to open the Xbox Game Bar, click on the Settings icon, and toggle off the "Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller" and "Remember this as a game" options.

Uninstall with PowerShell: If the above steps do not work, you can try using PowerShell to uninstall the app. Here's how:

a. Press Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".

b. Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Uninstall with third-party software: If none of the above steps work, you can try using a third-party uninstaller software to remove the app. There are many free uninstaller tools available online that can help you remove unwanted programs.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Producing a bug free modern operating system is essentially impossible, just as a bug free AAA game and has been for many many years. You're dealing with many millions of lines of code interacting with each other.

These are part of windows just as much as notepad or paint, and take up virtually no system resources. Using third party tools to remove pieces of thr OS can definitely lead to problems.
  4. JimCrider1 Win User

I am ON LINUX NOW - SICK OF microSHAFT Sticking it TO ME!!!!

It is BEYOND ASININE for them to FORCE "gaming" ON ANYONE!!!!
    What do Business do NOW????
  5. 让天 Win User

「Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage 」simply doesn't work. The annoying 「Xbox Game Bar Plugin」is still there and keeps updating itself in the Microsoft Store in an endless loop.
  6. It Tech1 Win User

40 years of windows dev and they can't figure how to do it properly... this time my machine rebooted and again screwed the work i was on last night. i had removed the stupid xbox appz with o&o appbuster 2 years ago and yet My PC rebooted a 2h45 and eventvwr tells me it is because: Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.

After over 40 versions in 40 years, M$ has not been able to produce a bug-free one. like the other Einstein guys say: madness is expecting a different result from repeating the same action. So Linux it is and it won't be any version m$ is messing into.
Thema:

1. How do I uninstall X box game bar app? - Similar Threads - uninstall box game

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What would happen to my worlds if I Uninstall minecraft on my tablet and re-download it on...: I want to change my skin on Mc and I haven't been able to. I was wondering what would happen if I Uninstall minecraft and reinstall it on the same device? I have a table and I don't know how it...
  4. How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?: For some reason my settings app on my Xbox one s has magically disappeared and I can only assume that someone has uninstalled it. Is there a way to get it back because I've been having so much...
  5. My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?: Recently I Had installed ARK: Survival evolved but had an issue and decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it however when I "Uninstalled it" it did not uninstall, It was through the xbox app...
  6. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  7. How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop: I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled and not there when I power back on. I have...
  8. How do I uninstall Xbox from 10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I uninstall Xbox from 10: Trying to get Xbox off my laptop. How to uninstall please? e1ba8669-2c5a-40a3-a999-3683ef1c538d
  9. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  10. In device manager when i press uninstal device, there is no box asking "Do you want to also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    In device manager when i press uninstal device, there is no box asking "Do you want to also...: I saw some videos where they had this option on every device and i don't have on any device. I'm trying to delete "Xbox360 wireless controller adapter" driver. Please help....