How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?

Discus and support How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Peter24_462, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Peter24_462
    Peter24_462 Guest

I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and consistently press the start or select button while playing and I have to constantly take time to go and delete clips or screenshots I never wanted to take, it's a problem with my normal handed friends as well, but it's overwhelmingly obnoxious for people like me.

I've searched everywhere and I'm honestly up for modifying my controller to fix it or just ripping the button out. If I can unbind the button someone please tell me.

I'm really tired in general of features in general being forced on me with no option to opt out, but generally it's something software related and easier to work around. This really shouldn't be a problem considering it has been standard practice for decades to give the ability to unbind keys or buttons. An oversight like this should never come from a gaming powerhouse like Microsoft.

:)

Peter24_462, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Peter24_462 Win User

I got a bit fed up but regardless I appreciate the information, I'll think about it and weigh the options. Do you know of a way I could somehow bring this issue up with someone who could act on fixing it?
  3. SammyVS Win User

4. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you, mate?

Sadly, so far it is not possible to disable this button but a workaround that might help you is to disable the GAME DVR.

To disable Xbox Game DVR on your Xbox One, hit the Xbox button and head to Settings. Joystick down to ‘Preferences, then select ‘Capture & share’. Toggle the first option, ‘Allow game captures’, from ‘Captures by me or games’ to ‘Don’t capture’ to disable Xbox Game DVR. Alternatively, you can toggle this option to ‘Captures by me’.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How do i unbind an xbox one wireless controller

Its the only way to do it, try it again, check that the controller it's recognized by the Pc and press the sync button on the controller for at least 10 seconds
  6. Xkrustyyy Win User

How do i unbind an xbox one wireless controller

I have tried that and it didnt work
Thema:

1. How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller? - Similar Threads - unbind share button

2. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. Can I unbind a analog stick from the Xbox accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I unbind a analog stick from the Xbox accessories: My rights and left stick are busted and I have a game I'm trying to play that just doesn't require the sticks and I have others that don't require them I was wondering if there was a way to just...
  5. help unbind your Microsoft and Minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help unbind your Microsoft and Minecraft account: My minecraft is linked to the wrong accountI want to unlink from this accountconnect with another. I did not want to join this account. It happened by mistake. I have any requested data. SOS...
  6. How to unbind the key combination for narrator in Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to unbind the key combination for narrator in Minecraft?: This has been bothering me since quite some time so I thought why not ask... Is there any way to unbind the key combination for the narrator ("ctrl + b"). This combination is for me often in use...
  7. Suggestion: Unbind the free/unpaid games from Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion: Unbind the free/unpaid games from Xbox account: Hello development teams at Microsoft, especially those in Xbox. I accidentally started up Forza Street with my wrong account and I want to unbind the game permanently from that Xbox account....
  8. How do i unbind an xbox one wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i unbind an xbox one wireless controller: How do i unbind a xbox one wireless controller i already tried plugging it into my pc that didnt work when i turned the controller on after plugging it into my pc it just turned my xbox on...
  9. How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?: I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and consistently press the start or select button...
  10. I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility

in XboX Insiders
    I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility: I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and consistently press the start or select button...