How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?

Discus and support How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; FROCED to use kinect for fhat after 2 new mics barely used have already broken, thanks Xbox fir that, but i have not found yet the setting to turn off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sly Impact, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Sly Impact
    Sly Impact Guest

FROCED to use kinect for fhat after 2 new mics barely used have already broken, thanks Xbox fir that, but i have not found yet the setting to turn off game sound so i can ACTUALLY HEAR what people are saying.

1) No one say"Display and Sound" > "Chat mixer" > "Mute all other sounds"

2) No one say "Display and Sound" >" Sound mixer" > "Main app is silent"

NONE of those work. Please to god tell me Xbox put that setting in, i spent £430 on this, it better have a simple setting.

:)

Sly Impact, Oct 22, 2014
  2. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    In xbox party chat I cant be heard but the circle lights up and I can hear people, help?

Do you guys have your kinect turned to off for chat? I use my kinect for skype but sometimes forget to turn the chat feature off when I use my headset.

vikingland1, Oct 22, 2014
  3. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    Xbox One w/ A40 Headset

Hello I use. Astro a-40's and I use kinect for chat and it works fine I also find that if I turn the Dolby button on my mix amp to off mode it sounds surround sound which is strange

N7 Gh0stz, Oct 22, 2014
  4. How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat?

Hi there Sly Impact,

After a bit of research i believe this is the only way to solve your problem.

support.xbox.com/.../turn-on-off

Hope it helps & Goodluck How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat? :)

Danny Callaghan, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Sly Impact
    Sly Impact Guest
    NO!!

That doesn't solve my problem at all, no offence, but did you even read what i posted?

Sure doesn't seem like you did.

Knew posting here was a mistake, never get any problems fixed.

Sly Impact, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Sly Impact Win User

NO!!

That doesn't solve my problem at all, no offence, but did you even read what i posted?

Sure doesn't seem like you did.

Knew posting here was a mistake, never get any problems fixed.
  7. Danny Callaghan Win User

8. vikingland1 Win User

In xbox party chat I cant be heard but the circle lights up and I can hear people, help?

Do you guys have your kinect turned to off for chat? I use my kinect for skype but sometimes forget to turn the chat feature off when I use my headset.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360 playing weird sounds

Do you have a Kinect Sensor? If so, is it turned on? The sensor could be picking up sounds that sound similar to a command. I would recommend turning it off when not in use to prevent this.
  10. SigmaTheDJ Win User

xbox one mics and adaptors! don't wast your money

There's an option in the settings that says something like "Use Kinect for in game chat" that you can toggle on and off, so you can definitely turn Kinect off for voice chat.

As for the headset adapter, it may be an issue with the headphones you're using it with. On the adapter there are buttons to turn the volume up and down, but there are also buttons to change the balance between the game sounds and voice chat, so using those
    you can get the mix just how you like it, so if you want the game sound quiet and the voice chat loud, for example, you can do that. The quality of the voice chat is crystal clear too. I'm using the official MS stereo headset, but a friend of mine uses a Turtle
    Beach headset (I'm not sure which model) and he says the same as me, so I think either your headset has an issue or you're not using the controls on the adapter correctly.
Thema:

1. How do i turn off game sound when i use kinect for chat? - Similar Threads - turn off game

2. The music turns off when the game is running

in XBoX on Consoles
    The music turns off when the game is running: The music turns off when the game is running I don't think anyone would love listening to music or YouTube videos while playing a game, but recently when I opened the game, the sound...
  3. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  4. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  5. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  6. i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...: help plsss *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 0e68efce-9caf-4d52-a787-430259d2d384
  7. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b
  8. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  9. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don't own Xbox console and I only play...
  10. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don’t own Xbox console and I only play...