How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

Discus and support How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by lazydaydreamer, Mar 30, 2024.

1. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

I have a handful of friend's that stream from their xbox via the live stream option on their console. People on their friend list that are also online get bombarded with (1st notification) That they're Live Streaming then (2nd/repeat notification) that they're online while they're streaming. My question is how do you prevent that 2nd/repeat notification that they're online from popping up? Thank you everyone for your time and consideration.

:)

lazydaydreamer, Mar 30, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

Hi, Lazydaydreamer! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Considering you are receiving notifications for both when your friends come online and when they start streaming, it's likely they are set as favorites in your friends list.

For your reference, this is the description for favorite friends on Xbox:

"Favorite friends are listed first in your friends lists. You will see when they are online or live streaming."

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent only the 2nd notification from popping up, as the reason why you get it is the same for the 1st notification.

------------------

There are two ways to stop receiving these notifications:

1) Edit friendship:

- Go to your friend's profile, select "Change Friendship" and select "Friend" from the list of available options. This will prevent you from receiving both the 1st and 2nd

2) Change your notification settings:

- Go to Settings > Preferences > Notifications > Xbox Notifications > Friends, and uncheck the box for "Friend notifications on"
    * Please note that this will disable notifications for all friends, not just your favorites.

-----

Alternatively, some things that could work for you are:

- Disabling notifications banners only at Settings > Preferences > Notifications
    - Changing the default notification position at Settings > Preferences > Notifications
    - Or mute the notification alert sound by going to Settings > General > Volume and audio output > Additional options.

------------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  3. Frathos Win User

Just Started Broadcasting message keeps going out to online friends while I stream.

This problem might be related to the Xbox Live services issues that occurred earlier today. Do you monitor your stream via PC, laptop, or tablet to see if you can verify whether the stream is being affected by a network or XBL issue?

If your friends don't want to continually get started broadcasting notifications then they can go into Settings - Preferences - Notifications - Xbox notifications and turn Friends & broadcasts off. This is my personal default setting preference. I just rely
    on the Messages or Party & game notifications if I want to play with someone who sends me an invite otherwise it can become very distracting if you have a large friends list with players from around the world who can come online or start streaming at all hours
    of the day.
  4. smileskybird Win User

Friend Notifications

They should have this. We get a notification when we receive a txt message from a friend regardless if on a 360 or 1, so the same should apply for friend notifications. Especially friends who we add to our favourites list. 360 and 1 do run on "Xbox Live"
    so we should have the ability to receive such notifications without having to search up the friend to see their online status whether they're online on not.
  5. Hellhog Win User

Small Add-on For Next Xbox Live Update Idea.

At this point, I already want beacons removed or at least the option to turn off beacon notifications. Xbox Live already tells you when a friend starts up the game you are playing, on top of that I get a beacon notification twice when they go online and
    starts the game. So annoying.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Friends logg in

In your settings you'll want to turn off notifications for when friends come online.
Thema:

1. How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox - Similar Threads - turn off friend's

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  8. Turn off notification when friends launch the xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Turn off notification when friends launch the xbox app: Hello together Now that the notifications for friends coming online are going again - the situation has gone in an annoying direction. I now get messages even when friends just launch the xbox...
  9. How do I turn off auto friend on bedrock mc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I turn off auto friend on bedrock mc?: I am a streamer and I have a huge problem of my subscribers friending me on Minecraft! They will randomly join when I’m making content, is there a way to turn off auto friend or to have a auto...
  10. How do I turn off incoming friend requests?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off incoming friend requests?: I’m aware of the bot situation on xbox, and before it was managable without any real inconvenience, just block and move on. But recently I have been getting an absolute massive influx of...