How do I transfer a pc game purchased as a gift to my Xbox series S?

Discus and support How do I transfer a pc game purchased as a gift to my Xbox series S? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A Windows 10 PC game > Minecraft>was gifted to my Microsoft account a while back and I would like to transfer it to my Xbox series S. Are they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Inquisitive Gamer, Dec 31, 2022.

1. How do I transfer a pc game purchased as a gift to my Xbox series S?

A Windows 10 PC game > Minecraft>was gifted to my Microsoft account a while back and I would like to transfer it to my Xbox series S. Are they compatible?

:)

Inquisitive Gamer, Dec 31, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Minecraft is not a Play Anywhere title, so you would need to purchase the console version in order to play it on the console.
  3. Ronnie Hicks Win User

Game time purchased on girlfriends email address which don't have same email address how do I switch my games over to my Xbox One

I have the games transferred on my Xbox series s but I also have a Xbox which I originally bought the game on how do I port the games over to the Xbox One
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Voucher Redeemed on Parent Account

Hi Paul,

Although gift cards can’t be moved or transferred between accounts once redeemed, you can gift games to right account from the balance. If you were trying to redeem the voucher codes on your son’s account to purchase game(s), consider this as a possible workaround.

Refer to:

https://news.xbox.com/2020/11/20/how-to-buy-a-digital-game-as-a-gift-this-holiday/

Help with giving digital games as gifts | Xbox Support

If your son is playing on an Xbox One or Series X|S console, then another workaround would be to purchase the game on your account and then designate the console as your Home Xbox. This way, any account/profile (including your son’s) can access your games, DLCs and subscriptions. This also enables the ability to play offline.

How home Xbox and game sharing work | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
  5. Yaniikku Win User

Cod Xbox one to series s

Hi, JoeMcShane1!

You cannot transfer purchased game discs to the Xbox Series S. If you own an Xbox Series S and want to play games that you own on disc, you'll need to purchase them again from the Microsoft Store. If you plan on playing disc games, you may want to get the Xbox Series X instead of the Xbox Series S, as it has a drive.

-
  6. ngocphi Win User

Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console

Depends .

If it is a disk game and you are trying to transfer to an xbox one s digital or the xbox series s then no you are waisting your time

Those are digital only consoles and disks installs require the bluesy or dvd to validate the install

Digitally purchased game's can be transfered to save time yes

If it's to an xbox one x or regular xbox one s or xbox series x disk and digital will work with them
Thema:

1. How do I transfer a pc game purchased as a gift to my Xbox series S? - Similar Threads - transfer game purchased

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a Seagate storage thing and when I install games it says I need to transfer them, is...: when I plug my storage into the right hole in my xbox it claims I have 2.2 TB free but when I download a game on my storage it says that I have to put it on my internal storage. Is there a way to...
  4. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  5. Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer game clips/ screenshots to usb: How much storage space do I need on my usb stick for let's say 500 screenshots? And if you have any recommendations for a usb stick I would greatly appreciate it. submitted by /u/BernieTheLama...
  6. i have a game on xbox does the data transfer to xbox pc?

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have a game on xbox does the data transfer to xbox pc?: i bought assassins creed Valhalla back in 2020 and have all of the dlc but i recently sold my xbox so does the data transfer to the xbox pc app? d9a96fea-2401-4272-b4ab-80a4562425ea
  7. Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to transfer DLC and games bought digitally from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One?: I was wondering if I could transfer my games and DLC that I bought on my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One, and if so, how? 49e01af5-2245-4305-a4c4-72c471d44745
  8. Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to...: Can I transfer a digital game purchased as a gift from my Microsoft account in Australia to my brothers account in uk? Game for Xbox one not yet downloaded 42f0f300-aa7d-428c-9a09-6ab666cced25
  9. Xbox GamePass Cloud Gaming DLC is not Transferring to Purchased Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox GamePass Cloud Gaming DLC is not Transferring to Purchased Game: This is specific to Dead by Daylight - I have purchased items (skins, characters) and have made progress in the cloud gaming side, but none of this is available on my recently purchased copy of...
  10. How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i transfer purchased game pass games on adult.profile to childs profile which has...: There must be some security?!! Or even how do i put a time restriction on the adult?! Please help 0b5d14da-18c4-4e9f-838c-57db0a1d8cf6