How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11

Discus and support How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've looked into a few different threads regarding this question, and I've found that they all give the same answer, to set the download rates in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 3rdStreetBlizzard, Sep 17, 2023.

1. How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11

I've looked into a few different threads regarding this question, and I've found that they all give the same answer, to set the download rates in delivery optimization, but in my case, % based limiting does nothing. Absolute Bandwidth doesn't do anything when set to background, and when set to foreground, no matter what number i typed in, it immediately cuts off the download by reducing the download speed to 0 Bps.

:)

3rdStreetBlizzard, Sep 17, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need further help, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Microsoft Community

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello 3rdStreetBlizzard,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having trouble with the download speed on the Xbox app for Windows 11. I understand that you have tried the delivery optimization settings, but they did not work for you.

There are a few possible reasons why the download speed is not being throttled as expected. One is that your network adapter or router may have some settings that override the delivery optimization settings. Another is that there may be some interference or congestion on your network that affects the download speed.

To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps:

- Check your network adapter or router settings and see if there is any option to limit the bandwidth or prioritize certain applications. If there is, try to adjust it to match your desired download speed for the Xbox app.

- Run a network speed test on your PC and see if there are any fluctuations or drops in the download speed. If there are, try to move your PC closer to the router, use a wired connection instead of wireless, or switch to a different network if possible.

- Update the Xbox app and Windows 11 to the latest version and see if that resolves the issue. You can check for updates in the Microsoft Store app or in the Settings app.

- If none of the above steps work, please contact us again and provide us with more details about your PC specifications, network configuration, and Xbox app settings. We will do our best to assist you further.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We hope you enjoy your gaming experience on Xbox.
  4. TheTingler1982 Win User

Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore

In my case, the issue was caused by something I chose to do (and was advised to) with Windows 11 - throttling Windows Update download speeds.

Windows Update > Delivery Optimization > Advanced Settings

I had previously had issues with download speeds on my new Windows 11 PC and was told that Windows Update sometimes hogged all the resources. I went here and limited its bandwidth. Unfortunately, Microsoft neglects to tell you that it ties Windows Store and the Xbox app downloads into the same resources as Windows Update, so when I chose to limit Update I also kneecapped Store and Xbox. I reset everything there to what it was before, restarted my PC, checked to make sure my changes were saved, and then went to the Xbox app. Lo, it downloads my games normally now.

(Incidentally, this is another in a line of incidents I've had with Windows 11, Xbox app, or Microsoft stuff, where I went to the communities and support staff, no one could help me, and I went and found the solution myself)
  5. ArminatorX Win User

How to increase Xbox Download Speed (Updates, Game Downloads)

How are you measuring the speedtest on your PC? Are you using Speedtest.net?

If so, manually select a server from the Seattle/Redmond area. Then compare these measurements with the download speeds on your console.

The only way to improve your download speed would be to physically move closer to the nearest Microsoft data center of your region, or investigate, if your provider is intentionally throttling downloads from high bandwidth services.

Usually, they don't tell you. But try to do a speedtest on your computer WHILE you are downloading on your Xbox.

To hide the fact they are throttling you, they will stop the throttle whenever they find you're measuring on known speedtest sites. If your download speed increases WHILE you are measuring, they are doing the throttling.
  6. dg225 Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

While downloading games. All apps closed in background. Network test on xbox will show 700’s for download speeds. Apoears that xbox is throttling download speeds on their end as ps4 and pc are on same network and diwnload on avetage at 800 mbps. Why is
    microsoft continue to do this. I will be giving ny business to Playstation moving forward
Thema:

1. How do I throttle the download speed on the xbox app windows 11 - Similar Threads - throttle download speed

2. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.: My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the...
  3. Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft: I had xbox series x for two years and everything was working normally until two weeks ago. I have 2gbps connection. Everything else connected is working fine on my network. I factory reset xbox,...
  4. CPU throttling?

in XBoX on Windows
    CPU throttling?: My r7 5800x is throttling whenever I am playing games. This also occurs while running cinebench test with all cores. Earlier, I was running cinebench to monitor my temps and frequencies. During...
  5. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  6. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  7. Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Throttle response in Xbox Gamepass in MSFS: I have two installs of MSFS; one in Steam and one on Xbox Gamepass on my PC. I also have a Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS. This HOTAS works great on the Steam install. On the Xbox GP install it has a weird...
  8. Who else thinks whoever throttled MS rewards should be fired?

in XBoX on Windows
    Who else thinks whoever throttled MS rewards should be fired?: This stinks if some new VP who thinks they can move the needle, but it's moving in the wrong direction. Throttling searches, establishing time limits in 15 minute intervals, altering code so...
  9. Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?: I have 1g internet, so I should be getting at least half of that, but for some reason my Series S only gets about 30mbps and 80mbps on a good day. Every other device I have gets 250mbps to...
  10. why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why has your downloads on pc been throttled for years.: after looking over everything on a brand new pc with gigabit internet, there is no reason that at any point in time im stuck between 8 and 9 mbs. everyone has this issue and you refuse to look...