How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace

Discus and support How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I want to buy some older movies from the marketplace but some of the trailers for older movies are in full screen and it looks like it cuts of most of... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by TechnoScarecrow, Jan 31, 2018.

1. How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace

I want to buy some older movies from the marketplace but some of the trailers for older movies are in full screen and it looks like it cuts of most of the picture. Is there a way to tell if you can change the ratio or is it the same on all of the movies?
    Do older movies have any limitations?

:)

TechnoScarecrow, Jan 31, 2018
  2. The game is displayed on half the screen

Hi, my console is connected to a conventional (non-LCD or LED) TV via composite cable. In the settings console have a normal TV (not widescreen). Run the game Resident Evil 4. But the game is displayed on half the screen and still looks like for a widescreen,
    despite the settings I made.

I want to see the game in full screen. What do I need to do?

Regards, Alex

ResonantWand5, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Son ALA
    Son ALA Guest
    Black Bars on screen

Hey there. That should be normal.

A lot of times, games will have your standard 4:3 ratio and your 16:9 ratio for widescreen and depending on the game, you would get a full screen experience no matter what kind of TV you have.

It's funny because when I still had my box tv, I remember a lot of FPS games giving me the forced widescreen to...but I remember CoD2 did have the full screen.

A lot of times while using a standard def / box TV, you will come across other standard def media while watching TV or playing a video game that only supports the 16:9 widescreen ratio as it main viewing mode so you the viewer, even though you aren't on
    a widescreen TV, you would still get the full viewing range... So with a TV show or movie you would see the whole shot instead having a person or item being cut off the screen and with your game, you would have a full field of view without worrying about being
    killed by someone that is right in front of you...but slightly to the right so he was cut off by the 4:3 ratio.

Son ALA, Jan 31, 2018
  4. Son ALA Win User

Black Bars on screen

Hey there. That should be normal.

A lot of times, games will have your standard 4:3 ratio and your 16:9 ratio for widescreen and depending on the game, you would get a full screen experience no matter what kind of TV you have.

It's funny because when I still had my box tv, I remember a lot of FPS games giving me the forced widescreen to...but I remember CoD2 did have the full screen.

A lot of times while using a standard def / box TV, you will come across other standard def media while watching TV or playing a video game that only supports the 16:9 widescreen ratio as it main viewing mode so you the viewer, even though you aren't on
    a widescreen TV, you would still get the full viewing range... So with a TV show or movie you would see the whole shot instead having a person or item being cut off the screen and with your game, you would have a full field of view without worrying about being
    killed by someone that is right in front of you...but slightly to the right so he was cut off by the 4:3 ratio.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Tv Settings

What has that got to do, with scaling to a 1920x1080 screen...??? As far, as I'm aware, Digital CableTV is broadcasted in 1080i/50Hz & a DVD uses the full screen, for viewing a movie...

The reason why, they use Letterbox viewing in DVD movies, is because, they are trying to view it in a 2+:1 Widesreen Ratio etc..
  6. Fatalshock8912 Win User

will the Xbox one have cinema zoom to get rid of the black bars for Blu Ray like the 360 had for dvd?

Wont know until we get there, but lots of modern Blu-ray players offer the full screen or widescreen option these days, so your chances are reasonable.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Darksiders II aspect ratio/graphics stretching

Sorry to hear it. Some newer version TV's have an option to switch between widescreen and full screen. Can you check your TV's menu to see if you have an option for that as well?
  8. SynysterA7X666l Win User

No full screen possibility for movies seen in internet explorer on XBOX ONE?

While the movie is playing double click the left analog stick and it will go to full screen kinda like how iPhones do when watching something from the safari app
Thema:

How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace

1. How do I tell if a movie is in widescreen or full screen on the digital marketplace - Similar Threads - tell movie widescreen

2. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...: I have deleted cache & restarted the device (a kindle fire 10) 19c480df-745f-46c2-97cb-189f740be370
  5. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  6. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  7. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  8. Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me: I want to link my ps4 account to my Xbox so I can work multiversus because I forgot the email for it 1dccdd56-4736-4ea4-be97-2a5674900109
  9. Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...: Was playing rainbow six siege this morning, some kid decided to tell me I sucked at the game So I told him to go **** himself .. Harassment / my foul language.. Either way I was provoked .....
  10. Hello my elite 2 had warranty tell 2025 after repairing it i checked the warranty but the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello my elite 2 had warranty tell 2025 after repairing it i checked the warranty but the...: Hello my elite 2 had warranty tell 2025 after repairing it i checked the warranty but the warranty expired f2bd9d78-233e-46ee-87aa-e003a1d37d84