how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat

Discus and support how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; im trying to make my microphone trash for the fun of it, and i wanna use my webcam microphone, ive already tried looking for a trash mic or doodling... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BigFellaBigSpice, Nov 1, 2020.

1. how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat

im trying to make my microphone trash for the fun of it, and i wanna use my webcam microphone, ive already tried looking for a trash mic or doodling with my settings but no can do. Can i even connect my webcam microphone to my xbox without mixer/streaming
    overall, if not any mics suggestions i can have to get a good low quaility **** mic???

:)

BigFellaBigSpice, Nov 1, 2020
  2. A BOWL OF BEANZ Win User

Headset working but xbox doesn’t recognise mic

My headset is working but I cannot hear people in party chat. It says it is unable to find my mic. I’ve tried switching controllers and headsets but it made no different
  3. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
  4. ShiFty DetoX Win User

Is there a setting to *not* use the PC mic/headphones for party chat?

hey how did you use your mic in xbox app party chat in the first place? i launched "start a party (beta)" and it shows my mic, but i can't talk or hear anyone in the party chat. and my mic is the default recording device
  5. MeridianWolf Win User

Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?

Not game audio, game chat.

In settings, Xbox has an option to make party chat output go through your headset, headset and TV, or TV.

but that's only for party chat. i've always wondered why xbox can't do the same for in-game chat too?

With in game chat, if your headset is plugged in; game chat automatically goes to the headset, with no option to have it output through TV.

really sucks when you can't wear headsets, you can't play socially outside of parties. (in party chat; i use my headset mic, but have their voice output through my TV. game chat has no option to do this, you must wear your headset to hear teammates)
  6. stuartgillion Win User

Mic not working in Fortnite - Xbox one.

Default setting is party chat. I have followed advice to switch settings from open mic/party chat to push to talk/game chat. I tried this several times, saving settings then exiting game, reloading game and switching settings back to open mic/party chat.
    Nothing has been successful.
Thema:

how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat

1. how do i switch my headset mic with my webcam mic on xbox game chat/party chat - Similar Threads - switch headset mic

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend can’t join my world on Nintendo switch Minecraft?: We both have Nintendo switch online subs, and also Microsoft accounts. But for some reason it won’t connect. We’ve tried restarting both switches, changed internets, tried hotspots, unfriending...
  4. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  5. Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox pdp wired headset works on switch but no audio one xbox: PDP 40 wired headset with mic designed for xbox but works perfect on my switch. No audio on xbox. Mic might be working as on fortnite I can see the voice icon moving next to my user name when I...
  6. Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos using HDMI audio and a 3.5mm chat headset switch to stereo: TLDR: Earbuds in the Xbox controller 3.5mm jack (for chat audio only) = no home theater 5.1.2 audio via HDMI. I've reported this issue through the console, but wanted to make a post here to see...
  7. headset won't talk to switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset won't talk to switch: we have an xbox and purchased turtle beach recon 200 headset to play Fortnite but it will not allow chat with other players on a switch or tablet. fd8ebd04-8fcc-46d9-aa06-d4986e864506
  8. Switch from headset to TV speaker

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switch from headset to TV speaker: I have an Xbox One S (wife got it for me for Christmas) and just bought Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50X wired headset/microphone. I really like how they work, yet I had one major hassle. When I...
  9. How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to switch between Turtle Beach wireless and standard XB1 wired headset for chat?: Hey everyone! I recently got a TB Stealth 500x headset, so far I really like it, full wireless chat and sound is very nice. But, I have a question. Is there an easy way to switch back to using the...
  10. New headset with inline mute switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    New headset with inline mute switch: Hey anyone else out there feel the same way about inline mute switches?the same thing happened with the 360 when it launched. They had originally had the headset with an easy to reach mute button...