How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

Discus and support How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jared_TH, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Jared_TH
    Jared_TH Guest

I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected to my PC, it recognizes that button as a share button from an Xbox controller, so it takes screenshots whenever I press it. Is there a way to disable this "feature" so that I stop taking accidental screenshots on Windows 11? There's no option in Game Bar to disable the screenshot in the settings.

:)

Jared_TH, Mar 16, 2024
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

tap for screenshot and press hold for record, they are the only options available to windows 11 pc's with the share button. it cannot be customised which to me is plain stupid.
  3. Richard Sticky Win User

Sharing/Screenshots

Hello nnooggoodd,

To take a Screenshot:

1. While in game double tap the Xbox Button

2. When the home screen appears press Y

Note: if you do not get the option to take a screenshot after double tapping the xbox button you may need to reinstall Game DVR and/or your profile.

To save a Screenshot:

1. Open the Game DVR app

2. With the screenshot you with to save/share press the menu button and select save/share from the menu

Note: After taking a screenshot there is a delay before the screenshot can be saved or shared. During this time you will not see these options available.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X controller Share button not working on Windows 10

its a poorly worked feature for windows 11 only, not coming to windows 10, not much you can do with it apart take a screenshot or start a recording, no record that functions at all, you cannot customise it either. basically, a waste of a button on pc.
  5. CrazyKats Win User

How do I stop game bar from taking screenshots?

Have you tried these steps?

Per AI:

Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft customer support. I understand that you are experiencing issues with Game Bar taking screenshots while playing games on your Surface Studio 2. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To disable Game Bar from taking screenshots, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + G to open Game Bar.

2. Click on the Settings icon (gear icon) on the Game Bar.

3. Under the "Capture" tab, toggle off the "Record in the background while I'm playing a game" option.

4. Also, toggle off the "Take screenshots using Game bar" option.

If the above steps do not work, you can try disabling Game Bar altogether by following these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type "regedit" and press Enter.

3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar

4. Right-click on the "GameBarEnabled" DWORD value and select "Modify".

5. Change the value data from "1" to "0" and click OK.

Please note that disabling Game Bar may affect your ability to use certain gaming features on your device. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Screenshots won't save or share from the upload app

Hey there MercWithAXbox!

Sorry to hear about the screenshot issue! It's possible for screenshots to take a few moments to be able to be shared. I recommend taking a screenshot, waiting 5-10 minutes, and then check to see if you can share the screenshot from the Upload app.

Post back and let us know how it goes! :D
Thema:

1. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - stop share button

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  5. How do I stop game sharing with someone when I have no switches left

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop game sharing with someone when I have no switches left: I would rlly appreciate if u gave me one more switch to stop game sharing 862a8793-f2b0-4f1a-9515-7cfc880e8d13
  6. I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me...: I normally game share with a friend and the game pass has completely stopped working for me and I have no shares left is there a fix for this so I can get the game pass again...
  7. Stop auto-sharing Xbox Design Lab controller designs, it threatens accounts & user privacy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stop auto-sharing Xbox Design Lab controller designs, it threatens accounts & user privacy...: I noticed that while playing with Xbox Design Lab that it automatically shares it with the site, which not only clutters up the site with garbage, but is a privacy risk that can also get your...
  8. my friend was game sharing with me and now it’s not working randomly why? he didn’t stop...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my friend was game sharing with me and now it’s not working randomly why? he didn’t stop...: my friends game sharing with me and now it’s not working why? he didn’t stop game sharing with me. 42888b3d-f40a-4aa2-a1b6-2fff2823dff0
  9. How to stop game sharing on my ex girlfriend xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop game sharing on my ex girlfriend xbox: I can't go to her house to stop the gamesharing and I also don't have anybody else to GameShare with and don't want her having free access to my games or my gold membership what do I...
  10. Gamesharing won't stop sharing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamesharing won't stop sharing.: I gameshare with a friend, I set my Xbox as my new home, I deleted my account from his Xbox altogether but for some reason he still has access to all of my games. How do I stop this?...