How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i...

Discus and support How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i havent gameshared in awhile and im trying to gameshare with my sister but when i try to do it, it says "Too many people have made this their home... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jayden524, Sep 20, 2023.

1. jayden524
    jayden524 Guest

How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i...

i havent gameshared in awhile and im trying to gameshare with my sister but when i try to do it, it says "Too many people have made this their home xbox" and i dont remember who i was gamesharing with and i dont have access to their account anymore, is there anyway to remove this or stop them from gamesharing without needing their account? please help

:)

jayden524, Sep 20, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i forgot who it was?

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

Based on the error message, it means that the console has reached the maximum number of accounts that can be set as their home.

In order to fix this, you can perform a factory reset: keep my games and apps on the console. This will remove all of the accounts that are set as home Xbox on the console without you accessing their accounts and remove them individually.

Note: This will also remove the profiles on the console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

Nothing to worry, no data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Console info
    5. Select Reset console.
    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will help sync the data on your console properly. Once you're done, you may proceed to game share on your sister's console.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...the maximum,> Reset and keeps my games & apps

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Smwutches Win User

How do i stop someone from GameSharing off me

You would need to set your own console as your Home console. Then you may want to change your password.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Various gamertags gifted game purchases under my account.

Well before thst

Contaxt support and ask for a unauthorized access case

This way your account is locked till they finish the investigation and resecure it

If you are gamesharing with someone you dont know you better stop it thats usually how your accounr gets compromised
  5. KindGryphon Win User

I’m gamesharing with a friend and he has my account but now i don’t want him to have access anymore

i’m gamesharing with a friend i know and he has my account. after a while i didn’t want him to have access to my account anymore. so i stopped gamesharing with him for a while and made a pin. so everything time i want to sign in i have to enter a pin, but he doesn’t. he doesn’t need to put in my pin apparently. i don’t want him to buy something without my permission but i can’t do anything. how can i stop my friend from entering my account?
    This is exactly one of the reasons why sharing account details with someone is actually against the terms of service and puts both you and your friend at risk of being banned.
  6. ManlyNyanBeast5 Win User

Game Share Issues

You can only access games he actually purchases on his account. You can't access games he's sharing from other people.
    Then how could I download Madden if he didn't buy it and gameshare it off of someone else
Thema:

1. How do i stop someone from gamesharing with me if i dont have access to their account or i... - Similar Threads - stop someone gamesharing

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  5. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  6. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  7. Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...: I was playing rainbow six siege and a person by the username [mod removed] got into an argument with me he then says "enjoy the ban ;)" and then blocks me and deletes the message. 10 seconds later...
  8. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  9. Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help me stop getting stuck on a syncing data screen?: I’ve been trying to play Starfield for over 3 hours. I have Game pass ultimate and wanted to play Starfield on my new pc but I cannot get passed the syncing data screen. I’ve looked around and...
  10. How do I stop game sharing with someone when I have no switches left

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop game sharing with someone when I have no switches left: I would rlly appreciate if u gave me one more switch to stop game sharing 862a8793-f2b0-4f1a-9515-7cfc880e8d13