how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an...

Discus and support how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi so i play a lot of fortnite on Xbox One X and turns out my friends and others are WATCHING my game, i noticed my mates is BROADCAST OFF under his... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by snadge100, Jan 3, 2020.

1. snadge100
    snadge100 Guest

how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an...

hi

so i play a lot of fortnite on Xbox One X and turns out my friends and others are WATCHING my game, i noticed my mates is BROADCAST OFF under his name...i would like that.

also, there is an option to DISABLE CROSS PLATFORM PLAY but when do so Fortnite wont let you play - -reason is because of all the cheaters on PC and I dont want to play with cheaters...injecting code live into gameplay using apps...seen it on youtube...

another question is always having trouble getting chat working beteen friends in a party/group playing fortnite, we spend 30 minutes a day messing around trying to get everyones chat working...

im ready to throw the box out the window lol...

can anyone help with the broadcasting issue at least?

thanks

:)

snadge100, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Mimori 775 Win User

how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an option?

Hello and welcome to the forums,

• Broadcast: I haven't played this game/broadcasted so I won't be able to offer advice here. Hopefully another ambassador can fill in :)
    • Cross Platform: This is a developer issue not xbox issue, you would need to reach out to Epic Games to recommend a possible solution to their current implementation of the option. IE) If the option is fully restricting your ability to find
      matches, you might want to recommend that the option is just a preference and when no one with the same preference is found the game will match you against cross-console players instead.
    • Headset: Unfortunately headsets can have a variety of different issues and reasons to why they aren't functioning as expected. If you can provide us more information on what troubleshooting steps you followed, type of headsets, and what
      your nat type is we might be able to start helping in you look into this more. Most of the time its a

nat issue
      . Some solutions you can take a look at include:
  3. choppyseize Win User

how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an option?

Unless you're streaming on purpose no one else should be able to watch your gameplay. Some games will show your cam if it's a battle royal type game and you're one of the last people left.

The chat issue would most likely be NAT type's. Is everyones open by chance ?
  4. FeliciaW Win User

Blu-Ray Player app WILL NOT DOWNLOAD!

I cant even install the app so theres no way for me to stop anything. The button to install the app from the store is greyed out which usually means its not available, so i cant cant click on it. Netflix isn't working right and i wanted to watch 13 reason
    why 😭😭
  5. xItsJonny Win User

Xbox headset not working with other platforms

Do you mean players on other platforms cant hear you in a cross platform lobby? I could be way off the mark but i am sure thst there is a seeting in account to sllow cross platform chat. Let me know if this helps
  6. Wisedaddypaul Win User

Duo Battle Royale, Fortnite, Xbox One Cross platform

Hi

he can do cross platform when on his nintendo switch, and xbox support say he CAN’T do it on xbox cos he’s a child.

So tell me, how can it be a fortnite problem, when xbox say they don’t allow it, even though they did allow it?

Part of the problem is conflicting information from within Microsoft.

To save myself and many many others a ton of grief, why not just tell people the actual facts, rather than having bogus cross platform notices come up?

thanks

p
Thema:

1. how do i..... stop people watching me and why cant disable cross platform when theres an... - Similar Threads - stop watching why

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  5. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  6. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  7. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  8. How to stop my controller turning off when watching something with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop my controller turning off when watching something with headset: I can sit and watch an hour long YouTube video and it will never turn off but any streaming app IE netflix, BBC iPlayer, prime video my controller will turn off every 15 mins or so, it was never...
  9. Stop getting notifications on my Phone/Watch about child's friend's chat requests.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop getting notifications on my Phone/Watch about child's friend's chat requests.: Hi there. Not sure how to make this stop but I need a solution :). Every time my son gets an Xbox chat request from his friends I get a notification on my phone and watch through my Xbox app on my...
  10. Clips my friends upload stop playing before the end whenever I attempt to watch them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clips my friends upload stop playing before the end whenever I attempt to watch them: Am I the only person who has this problem? I start watching a clip and it stops within the first few seconds. An white icon appears in the middle of the video. The icon is a film strip with a...