How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want...

Discus and support How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So everytime I play games at least once a day I get booted off of the game from someone in my house who presses the wrong thing (either accidentally or... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by tylermorkot, Jul 2, 2023.

1. tylermorkot
    tylermorkot Guest

How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want...

So everytime I play games at least once a day I get booted off of the game from someone in my house who presses the wrong thing (either accidentally or on purpose) when casting their YouTube videos to their TV's or Xbox. I have tried looking everywhere for a setting or option to disable the chromecast feature on my Xbox YouTube App so that neither I or anyone in my house can connect when I don't want them to. But there doesn't seem to be anything apart from uninstalling the whole App. There's gotta be a setting somewhere right?

:)

tylermorkot, Jul 2, 2023
  2. tylermorkot Win User

How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want them to?

I appreciate the response. Try this workaround:

Open the guide

Go right the gear icon and select on the "Settings" option

Select "Devices and Streaming"

Select "Device Connections"

Switch option to "Don't allow the Xbox App to connect"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/stop-youtube-cast-to-xbox-one-x/38f24d8d-4525-4db6-b7bf-d6dc5d3156aa
    I did that but it still doesn't work. Phones are still able to connect to my Xbox and play whatever video is on it
  3. tylermorkot Win User

How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want them to?

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Have you tried this? Go to settings, then PREFERENCES, then go to XBOX APP CONNECTIVITY, you can either change it from "Allow from any device" to "Only from profiles signed in on this xbox request" or on the right you can just uncheck the two boxes on the right.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
    I did that but it didn't work, I had gone on my phone while I had a game loaded up to see if it would still load up YouTube and it did
  4. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Have you tried this? Go to settings, then PREFERENCES, then go to XBOX APP CONNECTIVITY, you can either change it from "Allow from any device" to "Only from profiles signed in on this xbox request" or on the right you can just uncheck the two boxes on the right.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

I appreciate the response. Try this workaround:

Open the guide

Go right the gear icon and select on the "Settings" option

Select "Devices and Streaming"

Select "Device Connections"

Switch option to "Don't allow the Xbox App to connect"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/stop-youtube-cast-to-xbox-one-x/38f24d8d-4525-4db6-b7bf-d6dc5d3156aa
  6. taidara Win User

how do I stop people I don't know from using my account on their Xbox?

Make sure the new password you set is considered to be a "strong" password. There's a wide range of articles that describe how to setup a strong password.

If you haven't already, I would recommend that you Setup two step authentication for your account. Not only is your account protected with a password (first line in defence), but also with a security code, unique for each new session, or trusted on a known
    device for a certain timestamp.

Please read: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification
Thema:

1. How do I stop people in my house from Casting their videos to my Xbox when I don't want... - Similar Threads - stop house Casting

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  5. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  6. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  7. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  8. Game Clips Stop Working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Clips Stop Working: Whenever I take a game clip it always stops working once I upload it to the Xbox Network, whenever I try and access the clip it gives me an error code. The one thing about this is that the only...
  9. controller stop functioning after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller stop functioning after few minutes: I recently purchased an Xbox Series X|S controller for PC gaming. Unfortunately, today the battery leaked, causing my hands to get oily. I disposed of the batteries, and now I'm attempting to use...
  10. house flipper will start loading, then stop and never finish, ive tried uninstalling, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    house flipper will start loading, then stop and never finish, ive tried uninstalling, and...: i want to know why it wont open because i purchased it, i shouldn’t need gamepass to play. e9858919-0189-400e-8d5a-41311d7d748c