How do I stop my Xbox controllers from disconnecting and reconnecting.

Discus and support How do I stop my Xbox controllers from disconnecting and reconnecting. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, so I have an Xbox one X and my 3 controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting after 5 seconds. It has been happening since I connected my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr. Charizard, Oct 29, 2023.

1. How do I stop my Xbox controllers from disconnecting and reconnecting.

Hello, so I have an Xbox one X and my 3 controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting after 5 seconds. It has been happening since I connected my phone and my controller for cloud gaming, I’ve tried everything from restarting and unplug cord, I’ve tried updating one of the controllers hardware and still disconnects, it’s annoying and I want a fix for this, if any of y’all know the easiest solution please let me know. Thanks!

:)

Mr. Charizard, Oct 29, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Mr. C, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is a pleasure to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any doubt/problem you are presenting.

With the intention of helping you, I am going to suggest some solution steps to fix the root problem:

1. Check for wireless interference: Make sure there are no other wireless devices in the area that may be interfering with the signal between your controller and your console. Move any other wireless devices away from your console or turn them off.
    2. Power cycle the console and controllers: Unplug the console and controllers from their power source, wait a minute or two, and then plug them back in. This will help clear any temporary data or cache that may be causing the problem.
    3. Reset your controllers: On the back of your controller, there is a small reset button. Use a paper clip or small pin to press and hold the button for a few seconds. This will reset the controller and help you reconnect to the console.
    4. Replace batteries or use wired connection: If the controller batteries are low, replace them with new batteries. Alternatively, try using a wired connection to see if the issue persists.
    5. Try a different controller: If you have access to another controller, try connecting it to your console to see if you experience the same issue. If not, then the problem could be with the original driver.

If none of these steps worked for you, then we will restore your console by saving your games and applications. This process will not delete anything, it will only fix any corrupt files that are on the system. You just have to remember your credentials to log in again.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information > Reset console.
    3. At the message Reset your console? screen, you will select Reset and keep my games and apps.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nnecting/f8e8c28f-7b12-44e3-ad0c-3381e6fe5496

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Rostom L Win User

how to stop controller from disconnecting and not reconnecting

Hi Felt! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

May I know which Xbox and controller model do you have? What steps have you already tried as well?
  4. O Corpo Win User

Turtle Beach static / not working

No one else has issues with a headset stopping the controller from working? It will actually disconnect and say, to reconnect controller while playing. Batteries are charged fully.
  5. Georges C. Win User

How do I stop my controller from disconnecting

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Rojaris, By your description you already tried some procedures.

If you have a USB cable that can connect your controller to the Xbox, follow the steps below.

First, turn off the console and remove the batteries from your controller, then plug the USB cable into the console and controller.

Then turn on the Xbox through the console's Power button and turn on the controller.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it stays connected.
  6. kaoticmonster27 Win User

Can't sign in or create an account on Xbox one x

Still nothing, except something interesting happened after I tried that. after I left it on for a while. The controller started to disconnect and reconnect, then eventually stop connecting at all.

Then I had to connect it to a cord to make it connect and yet, it disconnects and reconnects WHILE it was plugged in?!
Thema:

1. How do I stop my Xbox controllers from disconnecting and reconnecting. - Similar Threads - stop controllers disconnecting

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. controller stop functioning after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller stop functioning after few minutes: I recently purchased an Xbox Series X|S controller for PC gaming. Unfortunately, today the battery leaked, causing my hands to get oily. I disposed of the batteries, and now I'm attempting to use...
  5. Controller stops working in COD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops working in COD: Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69
  6. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  7. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  8. XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding: I purchased a new XBox controller to use on my Windows 11 PC. I updated the firmware using xbox accessories app. I installed the latest bluetooth drivers from Intel. I even updated the BIOS on my...
  9. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  10. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11: I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios,...