How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

Discus and support How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Paul Harris3, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Paul Harris3
    Paul Harris3 Guest

How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down the level will just auto reset the next time I log back in. Surely I don't need to do this everytime I use the controller? I have heard people say to change the level to what I want then to unplug the headset and it should save the setting but that hasn't worked for me. I use a wired steelseries headset and had no problems with mic monitoring with a normal xbox pad. I'm thinking there may be a setting on the gamesir pad to turn off mic monitoring but I can't find any info on this anywhere. Any help appreciated as I am going to have to return my controller if I can't get this fixed thanks

:)

Paul Harris3, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug in my controller

Hello Paul Harris3,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug in my controller

Hello Paul Harris3,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your mic monitoring settings resetting automatically. This issue may be related to the controller's firmware or settings.

Have you tried updating the controller's firmware to the latest version? You can also try resetting the controller to its default settings and see if that resolves the issue. If the issue persists, you may want to contact the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance.

Additionally, please note that Microsoft does not provide support for third-party controllers, so we may not be able to provide a solution for this specific issue.

Hope I helped.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Mic monitoring resets everytime I plug in my controller and headset

Hi Paul H, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with microphone monitoring. It seems to be a frustrating issue, and I understand your frustration.
    Below, I provide some suggestions that might help you resolve the problem:

Firmware and Software Updates:

Ensure that both your controller (Gamesir G7 SE) and your headphones (SteelSeries) are updated with the latest firmware. Also, check if there are any available updates for your Xbox console.

Xbox Settings:

Revisit the audio settings on your Xbox. Sometimes, microphone monitoring options may be in less obvious locations. Look for specific settings related to your audio input device.

Technical Support:

Reach out to the technical support of the manufacturer of your controller and headphones. It might be a known issue with a solution or a pending update.

Forums and Communities:

Search online forums or Xbox user communities. Often, other users may have experienced similar problems and shared helpful solutions or tips.

Replacement or Return:

If all else fails, consider the possibility of replacing faulty devices or returning them if they are still within the warranty period.

I hope that one of these suggestions proves useful, and you can resolve the issue. Good luck!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Headset

Hi there,

Being able to hear yourself speak or voice feedback is also known as mic monitoring and depends on what headset you have and how it's plugged into the controller whether or not it is available.

Can you tell us what model you have and how it plugs into the controller? Does it plug in to the 3.5mm port or does it come with a headset adapter?

Headsets that plug into the 3.5 mm port will add an "Audio" option found under the System tab of the Xbox Guide. It should be right below the Settings option. There you can turn the mic on or off, control the volume and chat mixer, and manage mic monitoring
    which is controlled with a slider.

Other headsets with adapter's or one's that utilize an app will need to have mic monitoring turned on from those settings if they have them available.
  6. x10K Tat 1664x Win User

High pitched (feedback-like) noise (console #2, 1month bought first, got 2nd today - EB Games

Double tap the home button go to settings mic settings and reduce mic monitoring. This will stop the high pitch noise
Thema:

1. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug... - Similar Threads - stop mic monitoring

2. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  3. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  4. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  5. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....
  6. Solution to stop Mic spammers, trollers

in XBoX on Windows
    Solution to stop Mic spammers, trollers: Why not add a feature where the host of the party can chooses who they trust to send party invites so if the trollers or mic spammers get kicked out of the party they can't join the party unless...
  7. Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one): My mic (I can still hear) stops “working” when modern warfare is open if it’s completely closed it works fine (I’ve literally tried troubleshooting everything, googled, and talked with “support”)...
  8. Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?: Hey, i’m super annoyed about the entire xbox support system and i’m looking for a fix. My headset with a mic stopped transmitting my mic through the system on both of my controllers. Yes, my mic...
  9. Xbox Party Mic Won't Stop Buzzing on Windows 10

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Party Mic Won't Stop Buzzing on Windows 10: Hi, I'm having an issue with my mic outputting audio constantly. Friends identify the sound as similar to a fan or just excess background noise, if that's helpful at all. I've seen previous...
  10. How to stop Loud noise not connected to mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop Loud noise not connected to mic: Hey everyone I'm have an issue with loud noises that have nothing to do with Xbox live. But people can hear it anyway. What I'm talking about is an intercom which can be loud enough to be heard by...