How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

Discus and support How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew Brown6, Mar 30, 2024.

1. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

Since the last update my controller has been fast scrolling so my Xbox has been useless. I tried everything that is mentioned to fix it and nothing works. I don't have an ease of access option on my console. It does this to multiple different controllers I have. How can I stop this from doing this. I have all the latest updates. And I tried to install a new game and it stopped and said it ca.nt install till I update and I tried what it said and went to menu and console but there is no option to update

:)

Matthew Brown6, Mar 30, 2024
  2. DntTuchmystuf65 Win User

The cursor for my xbox one is skipping when i use my controler

So i just read another forum of a similar question/problem and their controller had a drift that caused a fast scrolling option on there console and im thinking that could be the underlying cause of my issue as i know that my main controller has a drift with the r3 analog stick and it drifts towards the left. Thoughts?
  3. WearifulPrism36 Win User

Camera view drift

Hi thanks for the replies turning off controllers does stop the scrolling/drift but same for both controllers I will borrow a controller but I suspect I will get the same result as one of my controllers has hardly been used

If it's a consul problem is there anything I can do ?
  4. sunnyballz Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLERS MOVING TOO FAST THROUGH MENU

I found the problem and the solution! If you hold down a button that isn’t the joysticks or the D Pad while moving through the menu, then it will go into menu fast mode. Most likely it will be a controller drift. If you hold down a joystick then it will
    go into go into fast mode. If you fix the drift then it won’t go fast anymore. Also if you have a sticky button held down then it will move fast. If you unstick it, it should stop the fast mode.
  5. JohnSchaeffer1 Win User

Fast Scroll? Stick Drift?

I just got my replacement Series 2 Elite controller. I turned in my last one under warranty, 3 months old, adult use, because left thumbstick UP wouldn't register about 30% of the time. Tonight I unpacked my replacement. New serial number (well, older in series, but new to me.) It looked good. I paired it. Went into the diagnostics/test app screen on my Xbox, and now this replacement controller clearly shows a left thumbstick drifting up. Tap up, half the time it shows the up command continuously registering. Other times I center it manually and I watch it crawl up slowly. It does not recenter like the right thumbstick.

So now I've a "new" controller with a "new" left thumbstick problem. I found the issue with 1 minute of testing. How is this justifiable, MS?

I just tried to file for another replacement and the workflow bombs out at the end, so I can't complete the ticket. I'm frustrated. Not another dollar from me until we address this properly. So many people out there with this problem and you're handing out broken replacements. C'mon.

Edit: with a different browser I was able to file for another replacement. I guess we can keep doing this until Dec 2021 until you get this right.
  6. Banjo aka Jambo Win User

Xbox One S Controller skipping selections on Dashboard. D-Pad/Stick double click

I've finally solved it. Here is what happened:

In the Xbox one, if you keep the right thumbstick moving, it activate the "FAST SCROLLING" feature, and apparently, there was a really little drift with my R3 analog stick, that caused this to happen.

All you have to do, is fix this drift, and no more indesiderate fast scrolling again.

You can either replace the thumbstick with a new one if you have soldering skills, or clean your thumbstick by opening it like is shown in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsYdyNE66to&t=1985s
Thema:

How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling?

1. How do I stop my controller from drifting or fast scrolling? - Similar Threads - stop controller drifting

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  4. controller stop functioning after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller stop functioning after few minutes: I recently purchased an Xbox Series X|S controller for PC gaming. Unfortunately, today the battery leaked, causing my hands to get oily. I disposed of the batteries, and now I'm attempting to use...
  5. Controller stops working in COD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller stops working in COD: Xbox 1 controller stops working in COD 3124af11-dc99-4735-8266-9fcf0de37f69
  6. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  7. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Elite Controller Paddles stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Paddles stop working: On my Elite Xbox controller the paddles have randomly stopped working. They used to work just fine no issues but all of a sudden the A stopped working and then all of them stopped. I’ve turned off...
  10. My xbox controller wont stop flashing slowly , i have tried evrythjng it will not conect to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller wont stop flashing slowly , i have tried evrythjng it will not conect to...: My xbox controler will not stop slowly flashing evry time i turn it on , it will not connect to anything . Please hlp me 4ac8e49d-5371-4c3d-8b27-c7352e1d0597