How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Since the most recent update to the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows 10, I now get a notification any time an Xbox Live friend sends me a message, however,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SigmaTheDJ, Jun 7, 2019.

1. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10?

Since the most recent update to the Xbox Game Bar app on Windows 10, I now get a notification any time an Xbox Live friend sends me a message, however, I can't see any way to turn this off.

Xbox Game Bar is not listed under Settings - System - Notifications & actions.

I asked on Reddit and was told to go into the Game Bar settings and uncheck the box next to "Show tips when I start a game", but that doesn't stop the notifications. Someone else told me to click the hamburger icon and disable the Xbox Social overlay, but
    that didn't work either, neither did disabling the Xbox Chats overlay.

How do I turn the notifications off???

Also, why does it use its own notification system? It's kinda annoying that a notification will pop up on screen in a different place that I'm used to, then disappear after a few seconds leaving no indication that I've got any new messages at all, unlike
    with the old Xbox app where even if I missed the toast notification popping up, I could tell that I'd got new notifications.

:)

SigmaTheDJ, Jun 7, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Sigma,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Insofar as the settings for messaging on Game Bar, you may try looking in the Social area to see if that presents you the option. The following support articles relating to Game Bar may prove helpful:

Use Xbox Game Bar to play and chat with friends

Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Get to know Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

If you cannot find a solution applicable via these troubleshooting articles, then you may need to switch up your account privacy and communication details to get the desired effect.

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and kids << contains steps for doing this at
    xbox.com

Give these possible solutions a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out
  3. David 42 Win User

Console Companion messages from friends keep repeating over and over again in Notifications

It supports messages. It supports person-to-person messages, one-on-one chat. What it doesn't support is Group Messaging, which is what the Game Bar is for. The problem isn't with the Console Companion or Game Bar, it's with how the messages are being sent
    through the Notifications app (in the lower right hand corner of any PC) and how message notifications are endlessly repeating, both in the Notifications window, and the pop-ups that slide in from the right side of the screen.
  4. Reese6695 Win User

Cant open Xbox game bar

Hey have not responded to this and due to person reasons, I decided to come back I booted up my computer and I saw a Xbox game bar notification and I did windows key + G and game bar pops up, I dont know how it happened, it just did.

Thank you for your help.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

X-Box Capturing (All Apps)

Thank you
    May I know how did you go back to Windows 10?

Did you downgrade to Windows 10 via settings?

In the meantime try this to see if that helps:
    A. Reinstall the game bar via powershell command
    Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

B. delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  6. wizardOS Win User

mouse cursor moves away from game

Basically when i play a windows 10 game my cursor isnt locked to my game. If i go to high the title bar pops up(today i hit the close button because i was trying to aim up and shoot) when i go down the task bar pops up.

Any other game i have doesnt do that it acts normal. its only for the games i play from the windows 10 store (deep rock or minecraft in this case)
Thema:

1. How do I stop message notifications from popping up via Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop message notifications

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I stop getting rhis message saying “ Try launching again shortly: Hello, I’m am a Xbox player and I’m having trouble with this message I’m getting, when ever I try to click my profile or click the Xbox logo, It’s showing me “ Try launching again shortly, If...
  5. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...
  6. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] a3c7bdb7-cc8d-4c64-869f-6ea01eb9e3ca
  7. How do I stop my child from sending private messages when in private party's? I noticed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my child from sending private messages when in private party's? I noticed...: I want to get my kid a xbox again but don't like that they can private message in private chat so we can't see any suggestions help. Thanks 2a3ebfb4-e715-4baf-bc86-34805dc01d16
  8. How do I stop getting message that says verify your age through Korean number?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I stop getting message that says verify your age through Korean number?: Hello. I want to play Minecraft by logging into my old account but when I do so it says that I need to verify my age even though the account is older than 19 years old. I even changed the country...
  9. Starfield is crashing when I go to new game - no error on message just stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield is crashing when I go to new game - no error on message just stops: On starting Starfield it asks me to start a new game then plays a little music and after 30 seconds just stops working f59d95e4-b1bb-43c1-9735-4e6bf378c725
  10. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...