How do I sign in with a different account on the xbox pc companion app?

Discus and support How do I sign in with a different account on the xbox pc companion app? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Just for context I use two different Xbox accounts on pc. Today I noticed an issue where I can't log into my main account on the pc companion app. When... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by smoky the bear8, Nov 9, 2021.

1. How do I sign in with a different account on the xbox pc companion app?

Just for context I use two different Xbox accounts on pc. Today I noticed an issue where I can't log into my main account on the pc companion app. When I load the app, I am automatically signed into my other account with no login prompt. When I click sign out, and I sign in again, it once again signs into the alternate account. At no point do I see an option to log into another account. It just automatically does it and I can't find a setting to turn it off.

:)

smoky the bear8, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Smoky, you tried to add your secondary account by Windows

Click the Start menu»Settings»Account»Email & accounts» and then below, accounts used by other apps, and click Add a Microsot account

Then make sure your PC has the latest version of Windows installed at 21H1 and restart your PC, then see if when you log off the Xbox App and Companion it gives you the option to sign in with the other account.

Regards,

3. darkist1 Win User

I want to start a server on this pc and when i click start it instantly signs in to my other account

Hi GavinCooper1,

If you're on your PC, then you would have to be signed into the account you want to use on your Xbox Companion App. As far as i know, you're not able to use the same account to play on Xbox and PC at the same time though.

Here are a couple links that might help you out.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/how-to-sign-in-xbox-console-companion-app

Or try

Open up Microsoft Store (different app, comes with Windows 10).

Click your account image (just right of search) then select the account there and a pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out; do it.

Once signed out, sign back in with the account that has Game Pass and that should change store account

and sign into the account you want to play on ARK with
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Microsoftt Sudoku logs in to incorrect microsoft account. How can I change it?

Hello HappyWunjo,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how you can sign in to Microsoft Sudoku with a different Microsoft account. Are you able to sign in to a different account in the game if you log out of the
    Microsoft Store App and sign in with the correct account? Also, we have
    a support article
    explaining how to sign in to the Xbox Console Companion App with a different account. After signing in to the Xbox Console Companion App with a different account, go ahead and try launching Microsoft Sudoku. Be sure to let us know the
    results!
  5. ShadowOverlord Win User

No Redeem Code sent for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate purchased

Here is something a support agent told me that might help you, I don't have an Xbox so was doing this for PC or companion app.

The codes will be sent on your account within 10 business days after you purchased the subscription via Xbox (BETA) app or Xbox Console Companion. This is the guide on how you can redeem them after the code was sent :

Xbox (Beta) app: Sign in to the account > Once successfully signed, Go to Social tabs > Under Social Tabs, check Xbox Live as sender.

Xbox Console Companion: Sign in the account > Go to Message icon > Check Xbox Live as sender
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

It sounds like you are having trouble signing out of your son-in-law's Xbox account on your PC and signing in with your own account.

Make sure that you are signed out of all Microsoft apps on your PC, including the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app. To do this, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of each app and select "Sign out".

Close all Microsoft apps on your PC and then reopen them. This can sometimes help reset the app's login state and allow you to sign in with a different account.

Try clearing the app cache for the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app. This can help resolve any issues with temporary files or data that may be causing problems with the login process. To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.

Type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages" into the Run dialog and press Enter.

Locate the folder for the Xbox app (it will be named "Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe") and the Xbox Console Companion app (it will be named "Microsoft.XboxConsoleCompanion_8wekyb3d8bbwe").

Right-click on each folder and select "Delete".

If none of these steps work, you may want to try resetting the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app. To do this, follow these steps:

Press the Windows key + I to open the Windows Settings app.

Go to the "Apps" section.

Scroll down to the "Apps & features" section and locate the Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion app.

Select each app and choose "Advanced options".

Scroll down and select the "Reset" button.

I hope these steps help!
Thema:

1. How do I sign in with a different account on the xbox pc companion app? - Similar Threads - sign different account

2. How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?: I recently got hacked and my old account can no longer be used. Therefore I signed out from the button in-game. but when I tried to log in with a different account nothing happened when i clicked...
  3. Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...: Okay so I had an Xbox and it stopped working recently so I tried bringing the external storage to a different Xbox and when I plug it in it recognizes the storage but it says owner needs to sign...
  4. Sign a different Microsoft account to PSN

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign a different Microsoft account to PSN: I wanted to play minecraft on a different account, since my original one is still a child account and there are many features locked (such as online gaming). My parents are currently not able to...
  5. Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account: I have a Xbox wireless headset and my sister signed in to her account on my Xbox and for some reason I can only hear party chat or use my mic if I sign in to her account first. Anyone now how to...
  6. Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...: So I have win 11 on my old laptop and it lets me sign in with either account. However, this new machine will only sign in with my laptop account. I have a different account with game pass ultimate...
  7. Unable to sign into different account on xbox app pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into different account on xbox app pc: I tried signing into my account this morning and whenever i sign out of my brothers and click sign in it doesn't give me the option to choose a account but just signs straight into my brothers...
  8. can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...: Minecraft sharing the app, can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with another person , if one signs out of their Microsoft account in the app, will they...
  9. How do I sign in to different accounts on the xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I sign in to different accounts on the xbox app on PC?: I just bought my first PC. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription on a Microsoft account that is not associated with my primary Xbox account, so I chose to set up my PC using the account with the...
  10. Can you help be sign-in with a different account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help be sign-in with a different account?: Hello I have been trying to sign in with a different Microsoft account for sea of thieves, but for some reason I cannot and every time I click sign in with a different account, It pops up this...