How do I sign in to different accounts on the xbox app on PC?

Discus and support How do I sign in to different accounts on the xbox app on PC? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just bought my first PC. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription on a Microsoft account that is not associated with my primary Xbox account, so I chose... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by baby g 22, Jul 14, 2023.

1. baby g 22
    baby g 22 Guest

I just bought my first PC. I have a Microsoft 365 subscription on a Microsoft account that is not associated with my primary Xbox account, so I chose to set up my PC using the account with the subscription. The Xbox app automatically signs in to the account that the PC is set up on and does not give me the option to sign in to a different account no matter what I do.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app, resetting the app, changing accounts on the microsoft store. None of this has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

baby g 22, Jul 14, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Xbox app. I am here to help.

Gamer justJutsu who had a similar issue posted a solution on the forums:

"1. Close the Xbox App

2. Hit Windows Key + R to bring up the run window

3. Type regedit and hit enter

4. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft

5. Go down to XboxLive, right-click the folder and delete it

6. Close Registry Editor

7. Restart your PC

Now when you open the Xbox App you should be able to log in with other account details. Enjoy!"

I would also recommend you check their thread for more information:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Thank you for your time. I hope you have a great day!
  3. Alliance United Win User

Windows 8 and Xbox Live are on two separate Microsoft accounts.

Hello,

Want to sign in to your app as a different user?

Use your Xbox app with a different Microsoft account

To switch to a different Microsoft account than the one you’re signed in with in your Xbox app—as you’d want to do if your Xbox gamertag is associated with a different Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID)—do the following.

Sign in to your PC using a different Microsoft account

1.On your PC, select the Settings charm.

2.Select Change PC settings.

3.Select Users.

4.Under Other users, select an account.

If needed, select Add a user and enter the email address and password for the Microsoft account you want to use.
  4. Georges C. Win User

How do I sign in with a different account on the xbox pc companion app?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Smoky, you tried to add your secondary account by Windows

Click the Start menu»Settings»Account»Email & accounts» and then below, accounts used by other apps, and click Add a Microsot account

Then make sure your PC has the latest version of Windows installed at 21H1 and restart your PC, then see if when you log off the Xbox App and Companion it gives you the option to sign in with the other account.

Regards,

5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Xbox app borked? Maybe a Live service issue?

Do you think that this might have been caused by a 2 factor authentication issue?

My parents gave me a laptop they wanted me to take a look at. It was running Windows 10, so I signed into the Xbox app using my MS account to see how it performed. As I have 2 factor enabled, I got a notification on my phone to authorise the login, which
    I did. The Xbox app worked fine - no more loading delays!

I then went back to the Xbox app on my own PC, signed out, signed back in again - no more loading delays!

Of course, I had tried signing out/in of the app on my own PC before, which never did anything, but what I hadn't tried was signing into the Xbox app on a different PC.

This can't be coincidence, as the app literally had constant problems for weeks on end, but the moment I signed into the app on a different PC, then signed out/into it on my own PC, it starts working as normal.

Anyway, fingers crossed it keeps working!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox gamertag change error.

Hi Fayed,

You can sign in with a different account.

How do I sign in with a different gamertag? What if I want to sign in to the Xbox app or a game with a different Xbox account than the one I originally used to sign in?

• You can sign out of a game or the Xbox app at any time and sign back in with a different gamertag.
    • Each time you sign in with a different Xbox account, the new account will be stored in the account picker, so that on future sign-ins, you'll only have to select the account from the account picker to quickly sign back in.
    • Your sign-in will carry across all Xbox-enabled apps, so if you sign in to a game or the Xbox app with a new account, that account will subsequently be signed in to all other Xbox apps until you sign out and sign back in with a different account.

To sign out, go to the Settings screen in the Xbox app. At the top of the General tab, select
    Sign out.

There is not a way to remove the account off the Xbox app unless you reinstall th Xbox app.

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. How do I sign in to different accounts on the xbox app on PC? - Similar Threads - sign different accounts

2. How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?: I recently got hacked and my old account can no longer be used. Therefore I signed out from the button in-game. but when I tried to log in with a different account nothing happened when i clicked...
  3. Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    Im using a different Xbox and signed into the correct account and my external storage won’t...: Okay so I had an Xbox and it stopped working recently so I tried bringing the external storage to a different Xbox and when I plug it in it recognizes the storage but it says owner needs to sign...
  4. Sign a different Microsoft account to PSN

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign a different Microsoft account to PSN: I wanted to play minecraft on a different account, since my original one is still a child account and there are many features locked (such as online gaming). My parents are currently not able to...
  5. Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account: I have a Xbox wireless headset and my sister signed in to her account on my Xbox and for some reason I can only hear party chat or use my mic if I sign in to her account first. Anyone now how to...
  6. Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with new win 11 and xbox app not lettting me sign in with different account...: So I have win 11 on my old laptop and it lets me sign in with either account. However, this new machine will only sign in with my laptop account. I have a different account with game pass ultimate...
  7. Unable to sign into different account on xbox app pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into different account on xbox app pc: I tried signing into my account this morning and whenever i sign out of my brothers and click sign in it doesn't give me the option to choose a account but just signs straight into my brothers...
  8. can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with...: Minecraft sharing the app, can I use the same app and use different sign in accounts, As in sharing the app with another person , if one signs out of their Microsoft account in the app, will they...
  9. Can you help be sign-in with a different account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help be sign-in with a different account?: Hello I have been trying to sign in with a different Microsoft account for sea of thieves, but for some reason I cannot and every time I click sign in with a different account, It pops up this...
  10. I got hacked and now i cant even sign into a different account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got hacked and now i cant even sign into a different account: i am constently getting an error message "It doesnt look like youre connected to the internet. Check your internet connection and try again" with the code 0x800704cf, when i try to login into my...