How do I set up for online bf5 (already have game pass)

Discus and support How do I set up for online bf5 (already have game pass) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; recently bought battlefield 5 for my Xbox series x and even got an xbox game pass subscription to play online. However It won't let me go online, as it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by O C1, Dec 2, 2023.

1. O C1
    O C1 Guest

recently bought battlefield 5 for my Xbox series x and even got an xbox game pass subscription to play online. However It won't let me go online, as it freezes and won't let me get past creating an EA ID

:)

O C1, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello O C1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are trying to play online for Battlefield 5 and experiencing issue creating your EA ID. Let us see on what we can do to help resolve your concern and point you to the right support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

If we may ask, can we confirm if it is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription that is tied up to your account?

To set up Battlefield 5 for online play on your Xbox Series X, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is connected to the internet.

2. Launch Battlefield 5 from your game library.

3. When prompted to create an EA ID, enter your information and follow the on-screen instructions.

4. If the game freezes during the EA ID creation process, try restarting the game and attempting the process again.

5. Once you have successfully created an EA ID, you should be able to access online play.

If the issue persists in creating your EA ID, you may seek assistance from the game support through this link: How to use EA Help

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello O C1,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Smwutches Win User

XBOX Live or Ultimate

If you have been using an Xbox already, you should have an account set up. You would purchase the subscription you want on that account either through Xbox itself or by purchasing a prepaid card from a retailer and redeeming the code. Once the subscription
    is set up, when you play a game with online multiplayer you can choose that option and the game will set you up online. If you purchased a Game Pass subscription, any game that is included with Game Pass can be downloaded through the store and you would play
    it just as you would any other game.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Instant in downloads not working

The pass code sign in may be blocking the auto download. Perhaps next time try removing it before ordering a game online and see if it starts.

Just so you know, I do not have a pass code and a game I set up today auto started for me.
  6. AbombNova45 Win User

Issues with playing Battlefield 5 (BF5/BFV) online?

Yes Geo Jr. Im currently having the same issue booting up bf5....For some reason bf5 since i preordered played the beta and bought on release its been my experience that bf5 has had a tendency to crash while matchmaking conquest and some other modes. EA
    im afraid havent put enough resources into specifically fixing this for the one bc ive talked to people on ps4 and pc and their not having the same issues as us from what ive been told. In short its been an ongoing issue and all we can do is hope for the best
    i personally love bf5 and wish more time and effort could be allocated to fixing problems like this and some others....hope u find this helpful!!
Thema:

1. How do I set up for online bf5 (already have game pass) - Similar Threads - set online bf5

2. Online Safety and Privacy setting question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Online Safety and Privacy setting question: Hello I have original Xbox one, and there are settings that are called online safety and privacy, the default is adult profile which is more sociable, since I do not play any multiplayer games and...
  3. How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how you account is set up": How do I fix "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up" Ive tryd everything I've restarted my Xbox, uninstall then reinstall, I've done all of the family...
  4. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  5. im trying to change my online game settings on my xbox settings for forza horizon 5 pc but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    im trying to change my online game settings on my xbox settings for forza horizon 5 pc but...: i have been trying to do this all day but it keeps popping up i close the tab and do it again it pops up i close the browser and do it again it pops up. 73cd7cb9-d196-4a6c-9438-b9f60f5feb44
  6. Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set...: Hello, Long-time Xbox user and Minecraft player. We are using Xbox Family to manage child accounts. Both of my children have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription. Both are playing on Xbox One....
  7. change settings to see kids online time

in XBoX Accessibility
    change settings to see kids online time: Hi Guys, I am desperate. I think my kids are addicted to xbox and I have tried everything and they do nothing else just play. I agreed to set up account many years ago using my email and I...
  8. Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?: I'm trying to make my account able to play online games. for example: online minecraft servers, but it is not loading in the settings to do that. What should i do?...
  9. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.: have done everything in family settings but still this message pops up every time i try to play games now and I've never changed anything please help. 4846ed81-c8df-46b9-be96-4fd2c2ee0648
  10. Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?: Is it better for the xbox one to use its DSCP tagging setting to prioritize packets Wi-Fi/wired or is it better to use the eero router’s optimize gaming setting? I’m asking because I’m also...