How do I restrict network access and game removal access?

Discus and support How do I restrict network access and game removal access? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to force player to stay offline. I want to restrict player from removing apps. I want player to be able to play all installed games.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Son Wilcox, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Son Wilcox
    Son Wilcox Guest

I want to force player to stay offline.

I want to restrict player from removing apps.

I want player to be able to play all installed games.

:)

Son Wilcox, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but you can't force a player to stay offline, you can manage the settings but if they can manage it as well since we can't limit an account to access the settings of the console. What you can do is manage or restrict them to play online multiplayer via https://account.xbox.com/settings.

You can hide apps but if they know where to find them they will be able to unhide them as well and possibly remove apps.

Overall, we can't force a player to stay offline, and we can't restrict uninstalling apps or games but you can have any profiles play installed games as long as the account where the games were purchasedd is set as Home Xbox.
  3. Son Wilcox Win User

So you can't limit user to offline only?
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

parental controls require the account be online, you can limit screen time or you can block them from playing multiplayer completely using family controls.
  5. Gooseboy73 Win User

Family Safety

Hi there and thanks for the response.

The issue is not restricting access to games, I know how to do that. Instead there are currently games they can access without signing in to their account, they are effectively playing as a guest. Hence, I cannot restrict them as the ability to restrict is linked to their user name.
  6. MaximumFusion Win User

Xbox live

I'm sure this has been mentioned to death but Xbox has a free membership as does the PS network with the same restrictions and benies. Access to the network for free but no access to multiplayer games. It's called a silver or standard account.
Thema:

1. How do I restrict network access and game removal access? - Similar Threads - restrict network access

2. Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)": I've tried absolutely everything possible. I can not find a single fix. There is no xbox networking tab either so please don't ask to check that. c1ee0fb9-6b5e-4d8f-8ed9-9d2ae2e11583
  3. Microsoft family age restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family age restrictions?: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!...
  4. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  5. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  6. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  7. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  8. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  9. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...