How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?

Discus and support How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought PC Game Pass to play Forza, Flight sim, and other games. However when i went to download these games i encountered Error code... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andrew Easley, Jun 28, 2023.

1. How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?

I recently bought PC Game Pass to play Forza, Flight sim, and other games. However when i went to download these games i encountered Error code 0x80070005. This happened when I attempted to download the games that i wanted they would get to 99 or 100 percent then they would say error and never finish downloading. I clicked on the get help for this situation link and followed all the steps listed and nothing worked. I even reinstalled windows but that did not seem to fix the problem. I have been messing around with this issue all day but no luck. I havnt been able to find anyone else that has this issue and was wondering if anyone could PLEASE help me resolve this. (P.S. I need easy steps as i am not good with computers and know very little to nothing when it comes to trouble shooting and solving issues virtually.)

Error Code: 0x80070005.

:)

Andrew Easley, Jun 28, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Error code 0x80070005 typically indicates a permission issue on your computer.

Run the Game Pass app as an administrator:

Right-click on the Game Pass app icon.

Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.

Try downloading the games again and see if the error persists.

Check your antivirus software:

Temporarily disable any antivirus or security software you have installed on your PC.

Retry downloading the games from the Game Pass app.

If the error doesn't occur while the antivirus is disabled, you may need to adjust your antivirus settings to allow the Game Pass app and its downloads.

Clear the Windows Store cache:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type "wsreset.exe" (without quotes) and press Enter.

Wait for the process to complete, and then restart your PC.

Open the Game Pass app and try downloading the games again.

Reset Windows Store:

Press the Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" from the menu.

In the PowerShell window, type the following command and press Enter:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the process to complete, then restart your PC.

Open the Game Pass app and attempt to download the games again.

Check your disk space:

Make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive to accommodate the game downloads. Delete any unnecessary files or programs to free up space if needed.
  3. NEVER_FEAR Win User

Gears 5 pre-load on PC/Windows 10

Here is a link to a topic with the same error code problem with lots of help in solving the error code. Fix
    error code 0x80070005

I hope this will help you resolve the issue so you can download the game.
  4. RyuKenDK Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

5. JordanNapier1 Win User

error-code-0x80070005 on XBOX app for PC

only when i try to download Ark off of xbox app on pc it fail and error code: 0x80070005 and it's only ark.
  6. NoMoneyLeftBoy Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

Was able to download two games (gears and Forza) but now every subsequent game I try I receive:

Error code: 0x80070005

Uninstalling KB4503293 and restarting has not resolved issue for me :(
Thema:

1. How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC? - Similar Threads - resolve Error Code

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  4. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  5. How to resolve 0x80190193 error code on PC(Win11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve 0x80190193 error code on PC(Win11): Error code occurs partway through downloading games through the xbox app on PC(Win11). 9b327c7f-b702-4bf7-acb6-fd2069297a28
  6. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...
  7. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  8. STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    STARFIELD - How do I resolve a Error code: (0xc000001d) when launching the game?: I am having an issue launching Starfield on my pc. I keep getting a "error code 0x00000001" after 3 seconds of launch screen coming up. I have an Ultimate subscription. I have taken the following...
  9. How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 "

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 ": All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I have tried repairing, resetting, and...
  10. Resolve error code 0x87e00196

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resolve error code 0x87e00196: How do I Resolve error code 0x87e00196 afe8988a-e3d9-4450-a939-19757fe9b8b9