how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

Discus and support how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andy ZengUK, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Andy ZengUK
    Andy ZengUK Guest

I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it was a few years ago it is very old So I can't really remember the answers. This system sucks a lot Microsoft so please help me

:)

Andy ZengUK, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Andy! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this problem. I understand how important recovering your account is to you.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers like you here in the community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

I just want to confirm when did you last successfully sign in to your Microsoft account? If you have not logged into your account for more than two years and it has been closed due to inactivity, you will not be able to use the Account Recovery Form to recover your account. Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/office/7c0a9fa7-0982-b7c6-fd72-df852b63699f

Did you have two-factor authentication (2FA) active on the account? If you do have the 2FA active, are you able to access the second factor of authentication? If so, please try resetting your password. Detailed steps on resetting your password can be found in the following support article: https://support.microsoft.com/office/eff4f067-5042-c1a3-fe72-b04d60556c37

Important: The account recovery form can only be used if two-step verification isn't turned on. If the feature is enabled, the only way to recover the account is to regain access to your two-step verification phone number.

If you did not have 2FA active on the account, and the account was not deleted due to inactivity, you will need to try the Account Recovery Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

Detailed steps on how to use the Account Recovery Form can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/b19c02d1-a782-dee6-93c3-dc8113b20c42

Microsoft takes account security very seriously, that's why Account Recovery is an automated process with no human influence. If you don't have the correct information, you may not be able to get through account verification using the Recovery Form.

The Account Recovery Form requires adequate information to prove that you are the owner of the account. The Account Recovery Process can be a time-consuming process, but providing as much info as possible from the start of the process will increase the possibility of being verified by the automated process. You'll need to keep trying until you're verified by Microsoft.

Remember to use a familiar device from which you've frequently accessed your Microsoft account, as well as a familiar location. Microsoft will review your responses and respond within 24 hours. If you are verified, instructions on how to log back into your account will be sent to you, and if you are not verified, you will need to submit the Account Recovery form again. You can do this up to 2 times every 24 hours.

It's important to note that Microsoft Support will not be able to grant you access to your account, you will be sent back to the Account Recovery pages that have been linked above.

If your Microsoft account recovery request was not granted or was unsuccessful, please click the attached link for more information: https://support.microsoft.com/office/dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53

While it might not be the outcome you are looking for, if you’re unsuccessful in recovering your account, then you will need to create a new Microsoft account. You can do that by clicking this link: https://signup.live.com/

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  3. TimA_1311 Win User

Password Reset - So Frustrated!

Sadly i cant access my account information as i need to reset the password. I have no access until the password is reset.
  4. Caleb_N09 Win User

My account got hacked and I don’t know how to get it back

I cant reset the password if i cant access the emails or the account at all
  5. cheifbigshot Win User

Can u send a link to reset my ea password for madden 2019?

What can I do as I cant reach my account anymore becausel my phone number does not exist anymore so I cant reach the account that is the problem! I'm trying to reset my ea sports account now it wont give me access code because of that phone number
  6. LimitingWalnut1 Win User

password

sorry i didnt fill in enough haha my old account's password is also not working so i cant even access my old account to get into my old profile
Thema:

1. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore - Similar Threads - reset password old

2. Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?: Hi, so recently me and a couple of my friends just played Xbox on cloud gaming on Chromebooks and I was wondering, I just recently reset my password. Will this log me out of both All of my devices...
  3. Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked password keeps being reset and an old phone keeps signing in even tho I’ve...: I believe my account keeps being compromised by an old phone no. Not sure how because I’ve removed the no. From my account and other devices ddc28e34-05f4-439b-9867-5b42649b8590
  4. I can't get into a old account and it ignored my request to reset my password because I had...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get into a old account and it ignored my request to reset my password because I had...: I can't get into a old account and it ignored my request to reset my password because I had two step verification but I CANT GET INTO THE ACCOUNT TO TURN IT OFF f7a2c990-c2fc-4f51-8d14-080d8300a173
  5. My daughters account is locked and we can’t reset the password because it’s an old email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My daughters account is locked and we can’t reset the password because it’s an old email...: My daughters account is locked and we can’t reset the password because it’s to an old/ unavailable email address. I have a different email address but the Xbox login has presumably never been...
  6. Reset password of an old Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset password of an old Xbox account: I made an Xbox account on my old Xbox 360 around 6-8 years ago but when I made it I put in the wrong email (forgot to put in 2 numbers) and around 3 years ago I lost that Xbox so I no longer have...
  7. Cannot access old email address to reset password.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access old email address to reset password.: My son has an Xbox one and is trying to get online with Fortnite. The game is saying permission is blocked and the only email address it displays is an old one that i cannot access anymore. How...
  8. Unable to access my old email address to reset my xbox live password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to access my old email address to reset my xbox live password: When I set up my Xbox Live account I was using a different email address than my current one. I no longer have access to the email address, and I just got signed out of Xbox Live for the first...
  9. Changed email server in 2012, since then my old password doesn't work = all game data reset to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed email server in 2012, since then my old password doesn't work = all game data reset to ...: I'd simply like to retrieve my old user account to an email address I no longer have (I left Rogers cable) Old email (No longer have access to) [Mod Removed - Do not post personal information on...
  10. I forgot my old password. How can I reset my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I forgot my old password. How can I reset my Xbox?: I want to play games again. 3f720eb2-1304-4297-8a73-94c4e04f0938