How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...

Discus and support How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the phone number is my old number I no longer have ?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Troy Beattie, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Troy Beattie
    Troy Beattie Guest

How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...

How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the phone number is my old number I no longer have ?

:)

Troy Beattie, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the phone number is my old number I no longer have ?

Hi Troy! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your son's Xbox account.

The only option to recover your son's account and reset the password is by submitting a request via the account recovery web form:

https://account.live.com/ACSR?uaid=eadbff0c96ce4ed9935b7d36f1670425

According to a User Myke Ylaya who posted instructions on how to submit a recovery request via the account recovery web form: (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/56a5a7e6-c569-4a7f-8d6a-eb8a1355e34d)

"You will also need an active alternate email where you can be contacted.

Note: Try to fill out the form on where you frequently use or usually sign in your account.

After submitting the request, you will be contacted on your contact alternate email within 24 hours. You will receive a reset password link that will take you back access to your account."

However, if your son's account has an enabled 2-step verification feature, I'm afraid the account recovery web form will not work and the only way to recover the account is by knowing the security information of your son's account to bypass the 2-step verification code.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Verachi Win User

Cannot Sign In

Try this out.

Mister Gwyther

I can’t remember my WLID password.
    If you cannot remember your password, go to Account Password Recovery, and follow the instructions there to reset the password.
    If opening that link doesn't work then clearing your cache on your browser might help.
  4. Cardin Ho Win User

How can I play online multiplayer on MW2 2022 without being prompted to buy Xbox live gold or Gamepass ultimate, even when I still have Xboxlive?

like I said, I can’t reset my whole console because I don’t remember the email accounts and passwords associated with sharing Xbox live into my account. I need more options to fix this persisting issue, please.
  5. xX AnarchyZ Xx Win User

Cant log in to my nieces account

Your Microsoft account password Help:

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can reset your password online. In a browser, go to
    account.live.com/.../reset and enter the email address for your Microsoft account. You will be given different options to have a password reset link sent to you.

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password by using the reset options provided, you can recover access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to
    https://account.live.com/acsr and follow the steps to complete the form to recover your account.

For additional information about resetting or recovering your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.
  6. xbox360italy Win User

Cannot cancel Subscription

Hello

Your Microsoft account name

If you can’t remember the name (email address) of the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account, see Find your Microsoft
    account

Your Microsoft account password

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can reset your password online. In a browser, go to Reset your password and enter the email address for your Microsoft account.
    You will be given different options to have a password reset link sent to you.

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password by using the reset options provided, you can recover access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to Recover
    your Microsoft account
    and follow the steps to complete the form to recover your account.

For additional information about resetting or recovering your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.
Thema:

1. How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the... - Similar Threads - reset son’s account

2. Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Explorer.exe seem reset itself while playing game after having freezing: It's a little confusing how I explain it, but I'll explain what I can, so this is how every time I play games that are considered heavy, such as COD Modern Warfare 2019, Ghost of Tsushima, and...
  3. My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son got the black screen of death today he tried going to factory reset but when he...: My son got the black screen of death on his Xbox one s 67c4f855-7abe-450b-9aa2-44fc5231f2c4
  4. Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember...: Hi. My sons had to do a system reset on his Xbox. He knows his gamertag but cannot remember his email. Can you help? Gamertag is XdLeonF1690 c3b3e049-43f0-40a2-ac16-f949eeccea39
  5. my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my son had to reset console, can't access profile as we tried all our old emails. can't get...: My son had to reset the console, we cannot retrieve his username as we tried all the old email/ passwords, we can't get to speak to anyone in person to help. Tried emails and passwords now has set...
  6. Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Son had to reset his Xbox One and we have his gamer tag, but can't remember email...: My son reset his Xbox One AND wrote his gamer tag name down, but can't remember his email/password now associated with it and it didn't save anything from the reset...
  7. On Xbox I have lost the 6 digit number for allowing my son to accept friends how do I reset...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On Xbox I have lost the 6 digit number for allowing my son to accept friends how do I reset...: On Xbox how do I reset the 6 digit password for friend requests. Thank you c7bed04f-593e-4125-b440-94e6e247b37d
  8. My Xbox won’t get past the add new screen after I reset it to give to my son! It gives a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t get past the add new screen after I reset it to give to my son! It gives a...: I reset my comsole tomgive it to my son and now it wont go past the add new screen 4cee09cb-a562-478a-bdc9-02d0591e75ea
  9. Xbox Password reset. My son has locked himeself out of his account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Password reset. My son has locked himeself out of his account.: MY 10 year old son has locked himself out of his account on Xbox. He cannot remember the password. I went online and filled the form in 4 times and nothing. Just get an automated message. Last...
  10. bought minecraft for my son and some realms. had to reset computer and its asking me to pay ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought minecraft for my son and some realms. had to reset computer and its asking me to pay ...: need help they are trying to charge me again for mine craft. It disappeared after I reset computer b94b1dd0-57f7-46d6-8a86-8edef6f43a16