how do I reset my password for my accnt.

Discus and support how do I reset my password for my accnt. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; xbox S ask enter password I enter, and it doesn't accept it. how do I reset???? 5e59abd4-5ac0-4517-b62b-3ceba5852765 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by steve chimento, Jan 2, 2024.

1. how do I reset my password for my accnt.

xbox S

ask enter password I enter, and it doesn't accept it.

how do I reset????

:)

steve chimento, Jan 2, 2024
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

If you know the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account (used to sign in to your Xbox profile), you can reset your password now:
    Go to Reset Password and enter your email address.
    Tell us how you want us to send you the security code (email or phone number).

Once you receive your security code, you will be asked to choose a new password and enter it twice. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and contain a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

Reset your password
    Please note that you must have your Microsoft account email address to reset your password. If you forgot this email address, you'll need to recover it before resetting your password.
    Find your Microsoft account email address
    You can also reset your password on your Xbox console (later).

If you cannot access any of the contact methods associated with your account (and therefore cannot receive the security code required to reset your password), please refer directly to the "Recover your Microsoft account online" section located later.

Reset the password on the Xbox console
    You can request a password reset directly from your console if you have access to the phone number or alternate email address you previously provided.

On the Login screen of the console, type your email address, and select the Forgot Password button.
    Write the characters that appear on the screen, so we can know that you are not a robot.

Alternative phone numbers or email addresses that you previously provided for security purposes are displayed on the Prove You're You screen.

If for some reason you can't access any of the contact methods shown, go to "Recover your Microsoft account online" below. Otherwise, go to Step 2: Receive a security code.

On the Prove You Are You screen, select the security contact method (email address or phone number) where you want the code to be sent to you.
    Check your phone, email, or authenticator app for the security code and enter it in the field provided on the Check Your Phone or Check Your Email screen.

If you use an authenticator app
    Some people prefer to set up an authenticator app on their phones so they don't have to wait for a code. If you already use an authenticator app, Use my authenticator app will appear as an option on the Prove you're you screen. To use the app, follow these steps:
    Choose Use my authenticator app, and then select Next.
    Retrieve the application's authentication code, and then enter the code in the field that appears in the console.

If you use two-step verification
    If you've turned on two-step verification for your Microsoft account, you'll need to request and enter the security code twice, using a different contact method each time.

Startup Helper Application Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/lost-password-solution

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. ScrimpyTheGod Win User

Have you clicked forgotten password, if you do that and enter your email for the account/ if you have a linked email to the account you should then be able to follow the steps and then get a email to reset your password from Microsoft.

You can use this link to also get to the reset page

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Then follow the steps

1. Go to Reset your password and enter your email address.
    2. Tell us where you'd like us to send a security code (email or phone number).
    3. Once you receive your security code, you'll be prompted to choose a new password and enter it twice. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and should contain a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.

Hope this helps you.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

How do I reset my password question

Hi There,

You'll want to call support in your region so they can assist. You can go
    here
    for the number in your region.
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

You can reset your account info here; https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/instantanswers/2b74d21c-ce0d-4a81-ad67-7cc5103a5f83/how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password
  6. XBF George L Win User

Hello all!

This thread is over a year old so I will be locking it. The post that revived this thread has been seperated and will be answered on the thread itself

here
Thema:

1. how do I reset my password for my accnt. - Similar Threads - reset password accnt

2. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  3. Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does resetting your password log you out of both all devices and cloud gaming?: Hi, so recently me and a couple of my friends just played Xbox on cloud gaming on Chromebooks and I was wondering, I just recently reset my password. Will this log me out of both All of my devices...
  4. I have tried 20 times to reset my password for some reason they're not doing it the codes...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have tried 20 times to reset my password for some reason they're not doing it the codes...: For some reason I can't get into my account I've got a thousand games on Mike a $1,000 for the games on my account every time I type it in it screws up it won't give it to me it says I have to go...
  5. Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...: I have followed tried all the solutions offered here. I have tried to contact support to no avail. I realized from a credit card statement that I am being billed for an xbox pass and cannot login...
  6. Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way I can get the number changed so I can reset my password?: The password for my Microsoft account with Outlook needs to be reset, but when I get the option to send a code to a phone number, it's a phone number I haven't used before. I tried to change it in...
  7. Account still blocked after resetting password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account still blocked after resetting password: Hello, My account was blocked from too many failed login attempts even though I have not been trying to login. I have reset the password yet it still says it's blocked! How do I access my...
  8. Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into: I got my son a Roblox gift card. He has a username for Roblox but did not attach an email address or phone number to this username. I am unable to log into his Roblox account to add the gift card...
  9. How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the...: How do I reset my son’s Xbox account password when I can’t remember my password and the phone number is my old number I no longer have ? c21e56e3-8951-44e9-acf6-ab3d2df3a1b8
  10. I am not receiving the password reset e-mail (Minecraft)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am not receiving the password reset e-mail (Minecraft): Hello, hope you're having a good holidays. I have an issue where I forgot my password (I know, rookie mistake on my end). When I go to reset, my inbox receives nothing. I've done this a few times...