How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset?

Discus and support How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One S is stuck in a black screen, how can I reset it? I’ve tried holding down the start and eject button but it is still black.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kris9er, Dec 29, 2023.

1. kris9er
    kris9er Guest

How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset?

My Xbox One S is stuck in a black screen, how can I reset it? I’ve tried holding down the start and eject button but it is still black.

:)

kris9er, Dec 29, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello kris9er, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing with the black screen, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, who suggests the following steps to resolve the problem and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

First of all, please check if it gives you a signal and if it allows you to access the Xbox troubleshooting screen as follows:

1. Make sure the console does not have any game disc inside, if so please take it out before continuing with the rest of the process.

2. Turn off the console and unplug the power cord for 30 seconds to make sure the console is completely off, then plug it back in but don't turn it on yet.

3. Press and hold the Pair and Eject buttons on your console, then press the power button on your console once while still holding down the Pair and Eject buttons.

4. Press and hold the Pair and Eject buttons for 10 to 15 seconds until you hear the console power-on tone again, once you hear it you can release the buttons.

5. The console should turn on and display the Xbox startup troubleshooter on the screen.

6. If you are able to successfully access the troubleshooter screen then try resetting the console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications, to do this please select "Reset this Xbox". When prompted, select the Keep games and apps option. This option will reset the operating system and delete all data that may be corrupted and causing the problem, without deleting your applications or games.

7. Check if the problem persists after doing all the above.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/98f21a81-e6ad-4c09-97e1-e23844068ec2

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Jordanan Senpai Win User

New Dashboard Update Bricked My Console- Preview Program

Mine still doesn't work. Still stuck on a black screen after the green load-up screen. I can't do a factory reset on my Xbox because I don't have a USB drive to download and do the whole process thing. This really sucks.
  4. Noles90 Win User

Xbox one startup problem

So I FINALLY got to the reset Xbox screen and selected "Keep games and apps". Appears no to be doing anything, though. Still on the reset screen after pressing A. How long does it typically take to reset?
  5. Th3CrimsonWolf Win User

Stuck at "Preparing console" after update

After doing the hard reset I'm stuck on the green Xbox logo screen once I launched my xb1 again
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox stuck after reset. black screen

Hey samgrant2,

Thanks for keeping us updated. If you are still experiencing a black screen without losing a signal to the television, we recommend using a support article we have for

black screen issues on Xbox One
    . Be sure to let us know the results samgrant2!
Thema:

1. How do I reset an Xbox One S that is still stuck in a black screen after doing a reset? - Similar Threads - reset still stuck

2. I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time...: I cannot sign in to my Xbox account. I have reset my control completely still it takes time in a sign in page and then go back again to home page can anyone sort it...
  3. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...: My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account...
  4. Account still blocked after resetting password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account still blocked after resetting password: Hello, My account was blocked from too many failed login attempts even though I have not been trying to login. I have reset the password yet it still says it's blocked! How do I access my...
  5. My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working: Green screen of death on Xbox one 9a566f76-64fe-4f84-bffc-ca4e9b615cc2
  6. If I factory reset my xbox series s can I still retrieve my game data

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset my xbox series s can I still retrieve my game data: My xbox series s controller keeps scrolling down and I've tried everything except a factory reset. If I factory reset my consol can I still retrieve all my saved game data?...
  7. I have enabled 2fa, reset Xbox and game but it's still popping up that I need to enable it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have enabled 2fa, reset Xbox and game but it's still popping up that I need to enable it...: Have set up authentication app Enabled two factor authentication Have logged out, reset Still getting the pop up when trying to gift 91d151a3-0898-4e83-8395-4646ed3cf78a
  8. Xbox is on,tv is on,tried to do the reset but why am I still getting no signal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is on,tv is on,tried to do the reset but why am I still getting no signal?: I’ve taken my Series s apart and put it back together,plugged it in,and it still isn’t giving me signal to the tv. And don’t tell me to do the reset stuff because I tried that before. I need to...
  9. How do I reset my xbox home? It says I get 5 more on 5/7/23 but it's still not letting me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I reset my xbox home? It says I get 5 more on 5/7/23 but it's still not letting me...: I need to reset my game share it says it's supposed to reset today but it hasn't 4fb0d3c1-a1ab-4ab4-87be-0da355b33e55
  10. HELP, Even after factory reset (keep games and apps) still no HDMI signal. ? Stuck in LOW RES

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP, Even after factory reset (keep games and apps) still no HDMI signal. ? Stuck in LOW RES: Tried changing resolution Changed from reccomended to HDMI 99272729 times. Tried soft boot, hard boot, troubleshoot menu and boot in low res. Final resort was to factory reset, Preparing...