How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged?

Discus and support How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Xbox Live Gold pass. Yesterday I claimed a game which is provided by Live Gold, but instead it was charged from my credit card. Looked into my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Minseok_Lee, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Minseok_Lee
    Minseok_Lee Guest

I have Xbox Live Gold pass. Yesterday I claimed a game which is provided by Live Gold, but instead it was charged from my credit card.

Looked into my billing history from account.microsoft.com, but there was no 'refund' button.

(I launched the game one time and a day already passed)

I followed every links on Microsoft support pages that include 'refund', but I just circled same links.

Yeah, this question should be asked directly to the customer service, but I can't find the contact point. What should I do in this situation to get a refund?

:)

Minseok_Lee, Feb 5, 2019
  2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Minseok_Lee,

Thanks for following up with us in regards to this issue. I'm sorry to hear it's been such a hassle to get the refund process going. The refund request form only works in certain regions. Thus, why it hasn't been properly working for you and we do apologize
    for the inconvenience.

In this case what would need to be done is for you to contact Live Support. So they can further assist with this billing issue.

The best way to reach Live Support would be here: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1: What can I do for you?----Select Xbox One

Step 2: Select a category----Select
    My Account

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to request a refund

1. Sign in to the
      Xbox Refund Request Solution
      with your Microsoft account. Be sure to sign in from the account used to make the purchase. If you have multiple accounts, you can

check the purchase history
      on each to find the charge and order number.

Note If you don't know your Microsoft account email address or password, use the

Lost Account Solution
      or the
      Lost Password Solution
    2. You will be prompted to verify that you are signed in to the correct account and have the order number(s) for this purchase.
    3. Select the reason you are requesting the refund, then answer any additional questions that follow.
    4. If your purchase is eligible for a refund, you will either be directed to the appropriate self-serve resource, or provided with a link to the correct version of the refund request form to fill out.

How to complete the refund request form

1. Enter the name of the product for which you’d like a refund.
    2. Your name and the email address associated with your account will be auto-filled after you sign in. If you have a preferred contact email address, it can be updated on the form.

Note This will not change the email address you use for sign-in.
    3. From the dropdown menu, select the reason for refund (Accidental purchase, Doesn’t work as expected, I didn’t make the purchase, Billing error).
    4. Provide additional information as required:
      • Accidental purchase: Select the appropriate description from the dropdown.
      • Doesn’t work as expected: Describe the issue and include any error codes you received, plus any troubleshooting steps you tried.
      • I didn’t make the purchase: Select who made the purchase from the dropdown menu. This will help us provide steps to protect your account from unauthorized purchases.
      • Billing error: Select the best description of the error from the dropdown.
    5. Provide the date of purchase and order number. If you have multiple requests on this account, list all order numbers and dates separated by a comma. To find the order number, you can

check the purchase history
    6. If there is additional information you would like to provide, use the open text box.

After you submit your refund request

You’ll receive a confirmation email and should get a response from the support team within 72 hours.

• To cancel your refund request: Reply to the confirmation email requesting cancellation.
    • If you don’t hear back from the support team within 72 hours: Reply to the confirmation email requesting an update on the status of your request.
    • To track the status of your refund request: Check your
      Order history
    Note Due to high support activity,
    refund
    response times can be more than 72 hours. Thanks for your patience.
  4. Minseok_Lee Win User

Are you sure you are using the account that has the gold subscription ? Only that account can get the games for free.
    I purchased 1-year subscription of Live Gold and I've been getting games for months. This problem happened only this time.
  5. MissGeekness Win User

You're right.

I've deleted my suggestion.

a chargeback will probably cause an dispute with Microsoft and some people mentioned that it can cause a (perma) ban.
  6. IRB Win User

Hi,

You can also try to do a chargeback directly from the creditcard company.
    DO NOT do a chargeback, go through the refund process.

Also, what game was it you tried to get? Did you try and get the free game after it expired?
Thema:

1. How do I request a refund for a game that is free for live gold but charged? - Similar Threads - request refund game

2. I requested a refund for a game and it says approved but I still haven't gotten my money back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I requested a refund for a game and it says approved but I still haven't gotten my money back: The game was battlefront 2 f4a8c729-de28-41cb-a022-a541bb13bf22
  3. Digital game refund request denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game refund request denied: I bought a digital game yesterday ABs requested a refund today but was declined as they say I played it so can’t get a refund. That’s bull, right? The site says it has to be less than 30 days ago...
  4. Hi xbox comunity, I want to refund a game and they declined my request because they said...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi xbox comunity, I want to refund a game and they declined my request because they said...: They won t let me refund my game because I entered the game ONCE ( I had to enter so I can see what s all about, if it s working, etc, duhhhhh) As i said, the game is performing very bad and I...
  5. Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund: Bought game a week ago and I'm unable to request a refund. I purchased minecraft a few years ago but my son really wanted Java. So I purchased through my account to install on his PC but now I...
  6. I brought a game by mistake and request a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I brought a game by mistake and request a refund.: I brought a game by mistake and request a refund 3eef2526-767a-46c6-880d-a5c5f7d0df10
  7. Can I request refunds for different editions of the same game? I bought a game and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I request refunds for different editions of the same game? I bought a game and it...: I bought the game “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” and it didn't work properly, it kept loading infinitely, so I asked for a refund and got it. Then I found the edition "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt...
  8. Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase: Both the xbox app and gamepass for whatever reason has decided not to work this month, so I'd like to request a refund for this months purchase. I cant make a ticket online because it doesn't...
  9. How do you request a refund for xbox one games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you request a refund for xbox one games: How can I request a refund on xbox one games 8cfdeb63-458f-445c-a03d-1cf3b7f1a39b
  10. Charged 4 Times, No Game Received Despite 1 Receipt For 1 Charge. Full Refund Request.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged 4 Times, No Game Received Despite 1 Receipt For 1 Charge. Full Refund Request.: I have been charged four times. Twice for one game, which I tried to pay for twice after being told the transaction did not go through. Then I tried to pay for another game once and was charged...